I am a runner

bgetter

From looking at the deck plans, the fitness room on the Wind Star (you were talking about the ship, not the line, correct?) is much smaller than those on the Star ships. And on the Star ships, the treadmills are placed across the beam- toward starboard/port, rather than fore and aft. That makes some pretty wild motion on the open seas, when you are crossways to the motion of the boat. If any of that makes any sense. I found it very difficult to run...

1 minute ago, O2B@Cagain said:

From looking at the deck plans, the fitness room on the Wind Star (you were talking about the ship, not the line, correct?) is much smaller than those on the Star ships. And on the Star ships, the treadmills are placed across the beam- toward starboard/port, rather than fore and aft. That makes some pretty wild motion on the open seas, when you are crossways to the motion of the boat. If any of that makes any sense. I found it very difficult to run...

Yes, the ship the Wind Star... little concerned about 14 days at sea all that great food, and not way to exercise.  Thanks

55 minutes ago, bgetter said:

Yes, the ship the Wind Star... little concerned about 14 days at sea all that great food, and not way to exercise.  Thanks

are you doing a crossing? If not, many ports have amazing running - just disembark and off you go. Almost always along the shore or through the town. 

• Like 1

bgetter: The food in general is not like on a mass market ship. There is a buffet for breakfast and lunch, but also a menu of specials. Salad items and fruits are available. There isn't an all-day trough. The portions are smaller than most Americans seem to prefer. If you are into portion control, it's easy to dine well without overeating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 8:47 PM, Pudgesmom said:

If you’re tall, you may not be able to use the treadmill on the Windstar. My 6’ husband couldn’t use it due to the ceiling height.

Interesting.  My 6' husband was able to use the treadmill on the Surf.  There wasn't a ton of clearance, but at least a foot or so.  I wonder what the ceiling height difference is on the triplets.

21 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

The Windsurf, as you know, has the big beautiful gym on the top floor. The Windstar has a converted stateroom for a gym, thus the low ceiling height.

Ah, that makes total sense.  🙂