stay in Tokyo or Yokohama pre cruise?

CCJack

Need advice from those familiar with the Yokohama port.   Trying to decide to stay in Yokohama or Tokyo prior to our April 10, 2020 Celebrity Cruise out of Yokohama.   We are spending 6 days pre-cruise in Japan (arrive Osaka - 3 days in Kyoto, 1 day in Nagoya (Nagoya stop is a business diversion for me) then 2 days in Tokyo or Yokohama).    I have been to Tokyo for business and saw the major sites, but I have never been elsewhere in Japan.  My wife has never been to Japan.  So trying to determine if Yokohama would be a nice place to stay for the 2 days prior or are we better off in Tokyo.  I am good with public transportation but of course luggage on the subway can be an issue.  I am assuming there are nice sites to see in Yokohama.   Also, at the end of our 11 day cruise there is one overnight on board in Yokohama as well, that would be another opportunity to see Yokohama or Tokyo.     We depart Narita at 5 pm the same day we disembark (after the ship overnight).  We are currently booked in the Hyatt Regency Tokyo for those 2 days prior but considering changing that and staying in Yokohama.   thanks for any advice..

Edited by CCJack

I haven't been to Yokohama, but had a similar question for the end of our cruise.  Based on what I could find about Yokohama I think Tokyo is by far the better bet, especially if you've been there before and can get around easily.  It offers anything and everything to an adventurous traveler.  Your hotel (if you decide to keep the reservation) will be a huge help with suggestions, if you need them.  Tokyo is one of the world's great cities, not to be missed.

Actually, my own question was Yokohama or Narita (the town) for a half day at the end of a cruise.  We decided to do Narita.

We spent a long half day in Yokohama at the end of a cruise a couple of years ago, before catching trains to Narita Airport. We could have filled longer. 

We left our luggage in a locker at the cruise terminal and wandered around the town of Yokohama. We were pleasantly surprised at how much of interest we found, and we enjoyed it very much. Visited a couple of temples, went up one of the highrise buildings for the views, walked around the waterfront and along walkways in the town. The cherry blossom was just coming out into bloom. 

It was a good choice for the time we had available, fitting in well with a train trip to the airport later in the day.

We need to return to spend more time in Tokyo, which we just did via 2 day shore excursions from the ship.