Celebrity Edge Sky Suite location near Magic Carpet

Airrace

Hello

We are looking to book the Celebrity Edge in a Sky Suite and would like to hear from people that stayed in the path of the magic carpet. Is there anyone on the platform when it moves? How often does it move.? What room were you in and was your view ever blocked? Is there any loud noises to be aware of because of people having a meal or the music on the magic carpet?

Would you book the same room or opt out for a sky suite in another part of the ship the next time? I priced both locations and it’s 500.00 more per person from one location to the other side.

Thanks in Advance

I was in one of the “inside” S3 on deck 9.  I never saw the Magic Carpet go by.  I had no obstruction other than a thin balcony pole. I once heard ‘something’ around 9 am and by the time I got outside the Magic Carpet was in place, so I don’t know if what I heard was the MC.  I think these are great cabins, well located, and removed from the corridor by an inner vestibule shared by the adjacent inside cabin. I would not hesitate to book this suite again.  I think most of the negativity is from people who never travelled in this category, and maybe trying to justify their added expense. I’m not cheap and I’m in a Villa in 2 weeks but I just don’t see the value in the S2, although I can understand people liking the wake view of an S1. 

• Like 2

I found this thread to be really helpful when I was researching Sky suites for our upcoming cruise. 
The cruise deck website also has a lot of videos and pictures of the various cabins.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Celebrity-Edge

I nearly booked an S3 because of the bigger veranda, great midship location, and I couldn’t find anyone who complained about the magic carpet being an issue. Most reviews I found said it was a non issue. 

For me, the bigger negatives were the lack of balcony privacy if you had one os the corner cabins and the bed that faced the wall instead of the window. If I were to book an S3, I would only pick one of the “inside”, non corner cabins and I would also avoid deck 6 because you’d be right above the magic carpet when it’s docked on 5. 

• Like 1

I did some research on these and would not have any problem booking one.  My research told me to stay away from decks  6 and 12.  You also have a larger balcony!

However, on our cruise the difference between a S2 and S3 was only $50 so we decided to go for the novelty of the balcony-facing bed.

We had an S3 on our last cruise.  The MC goes by a couple times a day.  No people are every in it when it moves.  Your view is blocked for maybe 5 minutes.  There is a rumbling nose as it moves, but not very loud.  We would book it again.

One thing that I don't see mentioned much is several of the S3 cabins connect to an inside cabin.  This is very handy if you are traveling with family and don't want the expense of adjoining suite or balcony cabins. I had an S2 on the Inaugural Voyage but when researching cabins was led to believe those using the adjoining inside cabin, while not necessary getting all the perks, are allowed to use Luminea, The Retreat and Retreat Sun Deck so as not to split up families.