Problem receiving notifications

On 6/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

At this time we are having an email provider issue. The issue appears to be limited to hotmail/outlook/yahoo accounts that use a shared email blocklist. We have a ticket in with our email provider who are currently working on the concern and hope to have it resolved soon.

I have not received any email notices for a couple weeks now.  I have a comcast account. 

Since first posting this thread I had several weeks without any notifications and in the meantime I had changed my email to my husband’s, started getting notifications and then recently changed my email back to mine and am now getting notifications. It is great 😁 but not sure what or why this is now working for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/1/2020 at 12:47 AM, Stickman1990 said:

I am not receiving notifications - is anyone else having the same problem? 

I gave up trying to resolve this with CC earlier this year - and lo and behold yesterday the notification emails have restarted

No changes at my end so I wonder what CC has done at their end

Hopefully it stays working going forward 

3 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I gave up trying to resolve this with CC earlier this year - and lo and behold yesterday the notification emails have restarted

No changes at my end so I wonder what CC has done at their end

Hopefully it stays working going forward 

See Jenn's post on another thread:

Perhaps they started "tinkering" with it yesterday.  emo34.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!
  • Thanks 1

We were tinkering the other day and what we did could have started some notifications back up.

Since they are currently working let's try to keep them that way.  I suggest having your notifications so that they do not overwhelm your email provider --- part of the problem is email providers marking or treating our email as spam due to certain behaviors.

This could include:

A person deleting multiple emails without reading them

Marking the email as spam (even if by accident)

Possibly receiving many emails in a short period of time (think instant notification - active thread) they may kick the email back

My suggestion to start, if you normally receive many many notifications:

• First Make sure that our email is added to your safe senders list.  cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com and community@cruisecritic.com 
  • If it works for you, Choose the notification setting that states: Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community.  You can find your settings here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/notifications/options/
  • Make sure you open and read some of the emails 😉  Deleting without reading can make the email provider think that you don't want those emails

Hope this helps