Pre Cruise Hotel Near Red Hook

By the way even though Brooklyn is part of nyc and was where I was born, people from nyc consider Manhattan the city, I also agree I would look at the city. Lower nyc is a short taxi ride from Brooklyn pier. 

Edited by George C

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

Not only that, there's a ferry that runs from lower Manhattan to the pier adjacent to the cruise terminal.

We need to hear back from the OP.  Lots of choices.

https://www.ferry.nyc/routes-and-schedules/route/south-brooklyn/ - Wall St Pier 11 to Red Hook.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2457391-red-hook-brooklyn-to-manhattan-ferry/

Lots of hotels in lower Manhattan with good access to Pier 11.  Holiday Inn Express Wall St is a 4 minute walk from pier 11.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, sunlover5 said:

We stayed in Brooklyn at the La Quinta Inn when we left from Red Hook.  Many stayed there from our cruise.  Rooms were small as most are in New York, but had a good breakfast and a dollar store across the street if you forgot anything!!

Hotel Michealanglo is not cheap but all rooms are over 400 sq ft 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Rockymountainsparky said:

Thanks for replying. There are just two of us. So a king or queen would be fine. Since rates can run the gamut, we're just looking for a typical hotel like Holiday Inn or Embassy Suites. Something along those lines.

I know you said you don’t want to be in downtown Manhattan, but the reality is that the prices downtown on a Friday night are less than the prices of random hotels between LGA and Red Hook in Brooklyn.  IMO the downtown area is overall much nicer than most of the areas you would end up staying in in Brooklyn.  Holiday Inn Wall St and Holiday Inn Express Wall Street are running about $275 tax included for Oct 2.  Holiday Inn Express is 3 blocks from the Pier 11 ferry to Red Hook.  Holiday Inn in Brooklyn is going to run $350.

If you’re looking for a “typical” hotel, the downtown Wall St Area is where you’re going to find it because most of the properties are newer and are associated with chains.

12 minutes ago, Rockymountainsparky said:

Thanks, I thought that it would be crazy on Manhattan.

One strategy is to book a refundable hotel now and wait.  The lower Manhattan hotels cater to business travelers Sun to Thurs night and may have good deals on a Fri or Sat night. The closer you get to your date, prices may drop.  Lastminutetravel.com is a good resource to check.

Downtown is not as exciting as midtown, but it does have the 911 Memorial & Museum, Freedom Tower, the Statue of Liberty views from Battery Park, the free Staten Island ferry, Historic Fraunces Tavern & Delmonicos, and Trinity Church.  You can arrive in style to your cruise on the MTA ferry and get lots of photos of your ship.  This area is very walkable and comfortable after dark.