DV on Deck 4 on Viking

Phillygirl3

1 hour ago, Phillygirl3 said:

We have held a cabin on Deck 4 on a new Viking ship but assume the layout is the same as Viking Jupiter.  Has anyone stayed on this deck and had any issues with noise from atrium or being near the stairs?  

Thank you for your feedback

Have stayed in multiple cabins on Deck 4. There is no noise from the atrium or stairways. There is noise from the tender/lifeboats but it is not a constant noise like an engine.

As usual agree with Peregrina. We were one cabin away from the elevator/stairs  and had no issue with them. We did wish sometimes that the lifeboats weren’t “right there”. If you have the ability to get to one end of the ship or the other that would alleviate the minor issue of the boats...of course it might cause others. 

We had room 4101 on Viking Sky a few months ago and had no issues whatsoever with it of any gateau consequence.

We booked on board for Viking Orion later this year and wanted the same cabin but it had already gone ,so 4103 it is.

Only slight issue we had was in St Petersburg when the refuelling tender moored up alongside and was underneath us belching blue fumes.

We had to evacuate to a bar 😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 2

We preferred Deck 4 - middle of the ship near the laundry because:

I can pop in and out easily to do a quick load of laundry...

And,  more importantly when I get off the elevator -  I can look for the laundry sign to find my cabin as opposed to standing there for 30 seconds trying to remember which end of the ship I got on the elevator!! 🙂 Sigh. 

No noise from the hallway or laundry room.  As others mentioned, some random noises from the tender/lifeboats, but nothing that was bothersome. 

Thanks to all of my Cruise Critic posters for your feedback regarding Deck 4.  We had a cabin on Deck 5 5040 and it was fine.  So, I'm hearing the tenders are a small problem, so I'm assuming it's just when they are lowering or raising the boats.  We are in 4080 so we hope that it won't be an issue.  You are all so wonderful!

So far, we've had 4073 (twice!) and 4079 (for 4 weeks) and would go back to either of them. Close to the stairways, but never any noise, and I can't say we noticed any noise from the lowering of the tenders either.  We're booked into 4032 in July and 4038 in December, plus a Guarantee DV4 in April 2021 - so I think you can guess we're happy with Deck 4!

We were in 4092 on Sky and we were probably 5 or 6 staterooms beyond the tenders.  Heard absolutely no noise and the tenders were barely visible if looking over the railing.  

We have also been in 5024 and it was great.  Closer to forward elevators but no noise at all.

Edited by LeRenardrouge

We are in 4058, which is above L/B # 2. While Jim experience some noise from down below on the first half, he taught them how to secure boats properly.

Been aboard over 35 days and zero noise from the boats and we have experienced many days with rough seas. At a tender port, you hear them preparing the boats, but that's to be expected.