FTTF - when shud u get it?

Scubadoc

In general, FTTF tends to appear in your excursions around 1 year out from your cruise, but there's no set time when it's released. You just have to keep checking. If you see it, buy it, because they often sell out fast. If you miss it and it sells out, you can continue checking for it and trying to get one. Sometimes Carnival will release more or people cancel and their FTTF becomes available again. But if you can catch it when it first becomes available, don't hesitate.

Definitely buy it as soon as you see it become available. As OC said, it usually goes on sale about a year in advance and typically sells out very quickly. On my last 2 voyages it sold out the day it went on sale, and only 2-3 slots became available after that point, only from those people who cancelled. On my next voyage on the Fascination however, it lasted a bit longer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wolft927 said:

It doesn't even show up in my options for my cruise on the Glory in September. We had a suite last time so didn't need it, but this one we only have a balcony. 

It's probably sold out. FTTF used to show up in the excursions whether it was sold out or not. If it was, it'd simply say it. But last week they seemed to have changed it. Now it doesn't show up when it's sold out.

8 hours ago, wolft927 said:

It doesn't even show up in my options for my cruise on the Glory in September. We had a suite last time so didn't need it, but this one we only have a balcony. 

I'm sure it is sold out, but you can use this link below to view it (You will need to already be signed into Carnival so it shows for your booking).

https://www.carnival.com/faster-to-the-fun/new-orleans/faster-to-the-fun-105015

I was able to luck into FTTF for my August cruise on the Horizon today. Was immediately sold out after I booked it.  I'd been checking multiple times a day since I booked.

Edit: As for the OP, I think it comes available for sale anywhere between 18 months and 6 months before the cruise. Unfortunately no way to know for sure when they will release.  Here is the Galveston port link:

https://www.carnival.com/faster-to-the-fun/galveston/faster-to-the-fun-115020

It won't show a price for your booking if it hasn't been released yet (assuming you are logged in). It will say sold out if it is.

Edited by Jamesatgsu
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, smokey11 said:

New to Carnival:  Is the FTTF pass worth it?

It really depends on the person.  We bought it last time because we have younger kids and didn't want to lug around a bunch of carry ons and have the option to nap if the youngest was tired. I also know if you have a tender ports that convenience is nice as well. I would say it is a luxury,  not a necessity so you need to weigh out if the benefits are worth it to you. 

Edited by M2LR

18 hours ago, M2LR said:

It really depends on the person.  We bought it last time because we have younger kids and didn't want to lug around a bunch of carry ons and have the option to nap if the youngest was tired. I also know if you have a tender ports that convenience is nice as well. I would say it is a luxury,  not a necessity so you need to weigh out if the benefits are worth it to you. 

Exactly this. Our next cruise will be just my husband and I so we'll skip FTTF since our kids won't be a factor. 

19 hours ago, smokey11 said:

Have a look at the FTTF perks and cost. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

Weigh the pros & cons and decide which perks you can and will take advantage of. For us, we love early boarding and having our cabin ready as soon as we board. I also like the priority line at Guest Services because I always seem to need to go for one reason or another, and waiting for the regular line to be short isn't always an option. So even though we may not be able to take advantage of all the perks, we still find it to be worth it to us. It's value really is based on individual preference.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:56 PM, smokey11 said:

I love it. It wasn't a big issue when I didn't have it, but I absolutely love having my room ready when I get on board. Don't have to worry about arrival time and the luggage arrives much earlier.

1 hour ago, Scubadoc said:

Looks like it is already sold out on our cruise. Oh well. Thanx for all the help everyone!

Keep checking and check often. If someone cancels who had FTTF, it'll be put back into the availability pool. It's not easy to catch because it's often only one or two at a time when this happens, so you have to be lucky and grab it before someone else, but it's still possible to get it.

We needed two for our upcoming cruise next month. Back in May of last year, I caught one around 5:30 am. Then for our December 2019 cruise, my wife grabbed one around 4:30 am. We still needed one more for our cruise next month and checked religiously for months. We figured we were out of luck, but she checked this morning around 7:30 am and caught the one we needed. She got so excited, she started yelling my name and shaking me. It freaked me out so bad, I thought the house was on first or something. Nope, she snagged the FTTF we desperately needed. LOL So in our experience, mornings (especially early morning hours) seem to be the best time, before anyone else sees it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Funny how everybody loves FTTF till they become Platinum, then they don't buy it anymore!!🤔

2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

Platinum gives you the same benefits that you pay for with FTTF.  Why pay for what you're getting free?

2 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

my point exactly!!

Care to elaborate? I still don't see your point.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:09 PM, Lottacruises said:

You, should

I didn't want to be that person to do it....thank you 🙂 Yes you should, if its not up yet keep checking because they depend on the amount of diamond/platinum cruisers and could change at any time. As soon as you see it, buy it

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

Keep checking and check often. If someone cancels who had FTTF, it'll be put back into the availability pool. It's not easy to catch because it's often only one or two at a time when this happens, so you have to be lucky and grab it before someone else, but it's still possible to get it.

We needed two for our upcoming cruise next month. Back in May of last year, I caught one around 5:30 am. Then for our December 2019 cruise, my wife grabbed one around 4:30 am. We still needed one more for our cruise next month and checked religiously for months. We figured we were out of luck, but she checked this morning around 7:30 am and caught the one we needed. She got so excited, she started yelling my name and shaking me. It freaked me out so bad, I thought the house was on first or something. Nope, she snagged the FTTF we desperately needed. LOL So in our experience, mornings (especially early morning hours) seem to be the best time, before anyone else sees it.

Exactly. We had one open up pretty close to our sailing once. Keep checking back as much as you can

On 2/9/2020 at 11:51 PM, Scubadoc said:

We will be on the Vista next Fall. We definitely want FTTF. It does not appear to be available online this early. How early shud u book it to ensure u get it?

I wouldn't get it.  I have found that I get on about 15 minutes after the FTTF.  15 minutes is not worth $100.00 to me.  I would rather put that money towards my bar tab.  

5 minutes ago, skridge said:

I wouldn't get it.  I have found that I get on about 15 minutes after the FTTF.  15 minutes is not worth $100.00 to me.  I would rather put that money towards my bar tab.  

I can't disagree with you there. You may be able to get on the ship 15 min. after FTTF, BUT you will not be able to go to your cabin and drop your bags, and relax a little, while NOT having FTTF you have to wait to access your cabin at 1:30. If you can get on ship at 11am, you still have 2 1/2 hours to tote your bags around wherever you go. We did that last July when we sailed on the Dream, and it was not fun. To each their own, and, as always YMMV.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bahacca said:

What bags are people toting around? We carry on a backpack with wine and paperwork. I think with little kids it may be worth it.

You are implying that EVERYBODY carries a backpack, and that's not near the truth. I saw many more roller bags than I did backpacks on our cruise.