mixed up rooms

Tammylyne

My travel agent mixed up our rooms ( he put me in with my daughters balcony and my daughters boyfriend in my suite! ) he said he cannot make a change and I was hoping I can make this change at the pier? Or do I need to go to guest services? Once I am at guest services will they completely switch us o just give us new keys?

Meaning I dont want his charges to appear in my room and vice versa if that makes sense, Im so upset 😞

BTW can I switch travel agents? Meaning give my booking to a different agent and if so is there a fee

I would find the owner of the travel agency and have them make the change.  This can be done.  I wouldn't use this TA again.  Seems to me that once you have the confirmation numbers the TA has control over the booking, he needs to fix this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwsster said:

I would find the owner of the travel agency and have them make the change.  This can be done.  I wouldn't use this TA again.  Seems to me that once you have the confirmation numbers the TA has control over the booking, he needs to fix this.

he is the owner 😞 lol and told me to do it once Im onboard

You can get different room cards once on board if this can’t be fixed ahead of time. That shouldn’t be a problem. 

As for charges, you can set that up for each person. Meaning, every person on your booking could have a different credit card (or however you are paying). 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

he is the owner 😞 lol and told me to do it once Im onboard

I would make darn sure he knew you are going to write reviews about his service. Sure you can do it onboard but that should not be your responsibility and it will take up your time. Serious OBC is due here if he doesn’t make it right.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

As for charges, you can set that up for each person. Meaning, every person on your booking could have a different credit card (or however you are paying). 

Thank you, I know we can all pay separate but I like to look on my TV in my room and see my charges for that room, also I am in a suite and he is regular balcony, so I wont be able to board with my husband early..its just a big mess

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tammylyne said:

Thank you, I know we can all pay separate but I like to look on my TV in my room and see my charges for that room, also I am in a suite and he is regular balcony, so I wont be able to board with my husband early..its just a big mess

Ah. Well, for the charges, you can see those on the hub app and it will include everyone you put on that credit card regardless of room. So if it’s you, hubby and daughter, you can see all the charges.

Also, I know I have changed people in rooms before cruises before. I don’t use a TA though. Is it because it’s too close to sailing?

Edited by Hoosierpop

13 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

.Also, I know I have changed people in rooms before cruises before. I don’t use a TA though. Is it because it’s too close to sailing?

no he was "doing" me a favor because it would of been cheaper to book it that way.  I said I didnt care but he made me feel kind of dumb for not seeing it his way. I hate confrontation so did it his way but then I soon realized, I wont be able to board early with me husband (which is the whole reason I booked a suite) lol

1 hour ago, Tammylyne said:

The days of looking at the charges on your TV may have gone the way of the Dodo. I had to use the carnival hub app which worked just fine for this.

1 hour ago, Tammylyne said:

no he was "doing" me a favor because it would of been cheaper to book it that way.  I said I didnt care but he made me feel kind of dumb for not seeing it his way. I hate confrontation so did it his way but then I soon realized, I wont be able to board early with me husband (which is the whole reason I booked a suite) lol

Sounds like you and your husband qualified for a promotional rate that the other 2 people in your group did not qualify for.

Example:

Carnival is offering a rate of $1000 per person for you and your husband for the suite, or $400 per person for you and your husband for an interior.

The same rooms are available for the other 2 people, but the discount is not as good.  For them, Carnival is offering the same rooms for $1200 per person for the suite or $500 per person for the interior.

If you and your husband are booked together in the suite, you pay $1000 + $1000 for the suite, and $500 + $500 for the interior, or $3000 total.

However, by splitting you and your husband, you still pay $1000 + $1000 for the suite (since one of you qualified for the discount rate), and $400 + $400 for the interior (the other one of you qualifies for the discount on this room).  Under this method, you pay $1000 + $1000 + $400 + $400 or $2800 total.

Edited by loanshark
  • Like 2

Your TA may have split up you and your husband to take advantage of a Past Guest promo but he should have explained and okayed that with you first ?

Very hard to change TA's unless your TA agrees to it or the cruise line takes the booking back due to TA failure to perform.

Pressure TA to change it to what you wish but be prepared for a $$ change .

Mistakes happen and this one, while upsetting to your plan, isn't the worst thing that could happen. Others have given you great thoughts on how to overcome some of the challenges. For what it is worth, you CAN fire a TA, and take over your booking,  but I am not sure what the criteria is for doing that ( in other words, does this issue warrant dropping a TA according to the line).  You could insist that your agent call the line themselves and admit his mistake and see what he can do to fix it. I have found the staff on the agent line to be pretty reasonable people. Your agent could easily do a 3 way call, adding you to the call after they reach customer service. If your agent is completely unwilling to do this, then in my opinion, you have grounds to call and drop the agency for not being responsive to a problem. If you don't want to go to the trouble, then your only apparent compromise will be the difference in boarding. I wouldn't grip about someone just because a mistake was made, but I sure would if they were dismissive and unwilling to attempt to fix it.

Best of luck in whatever you decide !