Sapphire Princess Staying In OZ Winter 2020?

15 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

You get assigned a cabin, if you then want to change it you just ring up and request it.

I didn't know you could easily phone and change your cabin.

Thanks for this tip.🙂

You learn something new everyday.

This is why CC is so great, I have learnt a lot of how things work in the cruise industry on here.

I am up on the Gold coast this week, using hotel Wifi!!

Thought I would jump on having read all the posts here, still no prices up on Princess.

I called them and got through after about 10 minutes, she said they are not taking phone bookings now because it is taking 30 minutes to make a booking.

They are doing call backs, the system crashed in the first 5 minutes, she said most sailings are selling out.

She said to request a call back as she could not tell me if and when the system would be back.

They are taking the call backs in order of requesting it.

Even if you made a request with a TA, you are still in the pecking order of them being able to book online or get through to Princess to make the booking.

If you got a confirmation back already you are one of the lucky ones that got through in the first thousands of calls this morning when it opened, but check your Princess account to make sure it is a confirmed booking and not a request for booking.

Edited by cheznandy

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm going to put in a request with two online TAs and see who comes up with the best cabin.

I did one with the Oz company and received a "Thank you for your booking request, a confirmation will be sent shortly etc...)

That was 2 hoiurs ago.

17 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

If you got a confirmation back already you are one of the lucky ones that got through in the first thousands of calls this morning when it opened, but check your Princess account to make sure it is a confirmed booking and not a request for booking.

I've got a Princess booking reference number. I hope that's enough. I booked from Oz at about 11:30am AEDT and the confirmation email came back in 10 minutes.

Although I booked the Top Ender with the Brisbane terminus.

Just looked in my Princess account and it's there.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

Just now, sewgood said:

Thanks everyone,

I am now booked in through Princess.

In the end I had to take a reserve your cabin as all the cabins in the category had sold out but I am happy to have any cabin this level or above.

I can't believe all the cabins are sold out when the website has been down most of the time.

26 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I did one with the Oz company and received a "Thank you for your booking request, a confirmation will be sent shortly etc...)

That was 2 hoiurs ago.

I did too. Means nothing. They just made a note of your intention to book, they still got to go through and make the booking. I've had them come back in teh past saying can't get what you want. 

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I can't believe all the cabins are sold out when the website has been down most of the time.

There were just 16 cabins in the category I wanted and it was the return out of Sydney to Fiji which was also for the passengers from Brisbane on the 16 day cruise.

I think that most/all of the rooms must have gone to travel agents booking.

Just my theory.

I was surprised to see that I couldn't choose a cabin either.

A learning experience today.

2 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I did too. Means nothing. They just made a note of your intention to book, they still got to go through and make the booking. I've had them come back in teh past saying can't get what you want. 

I have had this happen at this site as well when there have been bargain prices.

1 minute ago, icat2000 said:

The OZ one just sent me a confirmation and a booking number, they have $100 OBC included as well, but I would prefer a direct booking with Princess as their deposit is non transferable.

I think the shorter cruise we wanted was not so popular.

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

The OZ one just sent me a confirmation and a booking number, they have $100 OBC included as well, but I would prefer a direct booking with Princess as their deposit is non transferable.

I think the shorter cruise we wanted was not so popular.

Nice I might check my email see if I got what I wanted.