Sapphire Princess Staying In OZ Winter 2020?

55 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, the full 30 night circumnavigation from Sydney. That's why I was concerned about getting a different cabin. 

Are you doing the full circumnavigation from Adelaide, or just Adelaide to Perth?

Board in Adelaide, October 11th to Sydney, Oct 19th, 8 night. Could have booked it as 2 four nighters.

They are done in so many differing sectors, that's why cabins are blocked out, actually whole decks!!

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Board in Adelaide, October 11th to Sydney, Oct 19th, 8 night. Could have booked it as 2 four nighters.

They are done in so many differing sectors, that's why cabins are blocked out, actually whole decks!!

Yes, lots of combinations on that series of cruises. But I doubt they'd block out whole decks for a sector. That wouldn't give people enough choice of locations. However for the shorter sectors it might look that way as there would be less cabins allocated to that sector and the rest would show as sold. 

I was so surprised that I was able to pick up a different cabin in a better location the other day. It was pure luck. I'd been checking 4-5 times a day just in case a cabin popped up the suddenly there were quite a few, then just as suddenly they all disappeared again, but in that short window of opportunity I nabbed the cabin I wanted. 😊 Luckily we had spare FCDs so I could book the cabin immediately then I just cancelled the other booking to get that FCD back.

Given the suspension of all Princess ships until May, I’m wondering if we will see the Sapphire here in our waters at all? What a crazy world we are currently in! 

I also wonder if Princess will extend their final payment deadlines. Our cruise has a payment  date of 23rd April & I’m not real keen to part with our $$ if there are not even any ships sailing!

It’s all so very sad & such a mess. ☹️

Vicki.

32 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Given the suspension of all Princess ships until May, I’m wondering if we will see the Sapphire here in our waters at all?

I am wondering the same as well. Maybe my suitcase will be staying in the cupboard this winter.

22 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I am wondering the same as well. Maybe my suitcase will be staying in the cupboard this winter.

Gee I hope not, but it’s certainly a possibility. Really looking forward to a Winter cruise! Wait & See. 🤷‍♀️🤔🤞

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

For those of us who booked great deals on the Sapphire, what are you doing now that the final payment dates are approaching? As the news gets worse by the day I cannot see our June cruises going ahead. Have you already cancelled?

We will tomorrow. I would think that the non essential travel ban just announced will still be in force and I doubt that the Sapphire Princess will be allowed to come to Australia as it is coming from a foreign port (Singapore).

Leigh

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

We will tomorrow. I would think that the non essential travel ban just announced will still be in force and I doubt that the Sapphire Princess will be allowed to come to Australia as it is coming from a foreign port (Singapore).

Leigh

I booked Sapphire for August from Fremantle to Brisbane so I won't cancel yet! Final payment isn't due until May.

Two of my cruises in NZ - one on Princess and one on RCL have been cancelled so I’m getting refunds. Another cruise in Europe in May will probably be cancelled and one section of my flight there on Singapore Air has been cancelled. 

I got off Queen Elizabeth in Sydney a week ago and some passengers who were due to go on to NZ for 11 days had to pack up and get off at short notice. I enjoyed my cruise around Tasmania but am happy to be home safe and sound! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, Busy Mum said:

Given the suspension of all Princess ships until May, I’m wondering if we will see the Sapphire here in our waters at all? What a crazy world we are currently in! 

I also wonder if Princess will extend their final payment deadlines. Our cruise has a payment  date of 23rd April & I’m not real keen to part with our $$ if there are not even any ships sailing!

It’s all so very sad & such a mess. ☹️

Vicki.

Are you going on the 23rd June or 25th June cruise to South Pacific by chance, we are booked on the 25th June and in a bit of what to do as well, awaiting emailing from Princess/TA re: 25th May cruise which has been cancelled.

4 hours ago, subaru94 said:

Are you going on the 23rd June or 25th June cruise to South Pacific by chance, we are booked on the 25th June and in a bit of what to do as well, awaiting emailing from Princess/TA re: 25th May cruise which has been cancelled.

Hi Subaru94.  We are booked on the 7th July Sydney to Perth.  To be honest I don’t think this cruise will go ahead, which will be a great shame but understandable.  Can’t imagine we will be cruising in 2020, best to be safe at home, I’m missing my holidays already! 😞 🙂 

Busy Mum - we are "in the same boat" as you & have just cancelled BNE to Freo. in July.  Full payment was in a weeks time.

I do not see any cruise operating in Australia for some considerable time.

24 minutes ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Busy Mum - we are "in the same boat" as you & have just cancelled BNE to Freo. in July.  Full payment was in a weeks time.

I do not see any cruise operating in Australia for some considerable time.

I am also on Sapphire from Sydney to Fremantle in July and we received an email saying final payment has been put back to about 8th May but we are also cancelling as we believe a vaccine for the virus needs to be available and I shall guess at some time next year. 

27 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I am also on Sapphire from Sydney to Fremantle in July and we received an email saying final payment has been put back to about 8th May but we are also cancelling as we believe a vaccine for the virus needs to be available and I shall guess at some time next year. 

Consider whether it is better for you to cancel or should you wait until Princess cancels, as they most likely will. You have until 8th May before you make a decision.

I waited to cancel the segment of the world cruise I had booked. I decided I did not want to pay the balance on the cruise then wait for a refund or accept a FCC, but as Princess moved the payment deadline, it didn't come to that. Princess cancelled my cruise yesterday. I now have no financial penalty. If I had cancelled, my TA would have charged me a fee.

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Consider whether it is better for you to cancel or should you wait until Princess cancels, as they most likely will. You have until 8th May before you make a decision.

I waited to cancel the segment of the world cruise I had booked. I decided I did not want to pay the balance on the cruise then wait for a refund or accept a FCC, but as Princess moved the payment deadline, it didn't come to that. Princess cancelled my cruise yesterday. I now have no financial penalty. If I had cancelled, my TA would have charged me a fee.

Thanks for your advice but I have no TA to charge me a cancellation fee and if Princess does cancel, people who have cancelled their June Northern Explorer cruise only received about $250 FCC each for their 17 day cruise and I think the end date was June 2021.   We already have a FCC of $1100 each for the cancellation of the Majestic cruise and we would just rather have the cash to use on perhaps a RCCL cruise that may be more to our liking.    We believe it would be hard to cruise again without a vaccine for the virus and while we think it may be next year - when next year is harder to answer.   But thank you anyway and I am glad it worked out for you.

We thought we would wait a little longer to see if Princess cancel our 7th July cruise, surly they will?!  We have wanted to cruise ‘over the top’ but not under these conditions.

We have a generous FFC on our account from our cancelled Sapphire Princess cruise which was due to depart on 1st March.  This FCC is to be applied to your ‘next cruise’, which I was hoping to be the 7th July cruise.  It states this needs to be used by February 2021, our next scheduled cruise is April 2021.

Does anyone know if Princess would allow us to use it on our April sailing?

I’m yet to ask them.

Vicki. 🙂 

On 3/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, Relaxing Robbies said:

For those of us who booked great deals on the Sapphire, what are you doing now that the final payment dates are approaching? As the news gets worse by the day I cannot see our June cruises going ahead. Have you already cancelled?

Our final payment date is not for another few days.

I think we will pay for it and see what happens.....

• 4 weeks later...

Received another reminder email yesterday, final payment is fast approaching, 8th May. I just do not understand why our cruise has not been cancelled, departing Sydney 7th July. I won’t be paying & will cancel myself in the next couple of days. Would love to take this cruise but can’t see getting home from Perth being easy!! 🤪

1 hour ago, Busy Mum said:

Received another reminder email yesterday, final payment is fast approaching, 8th May. I just do not understand why our cruise has not been cancelled, departing Sydney 7th July. I won’t be paying & will cancel myself in the next couple of days. Would love to take this cruise but can’t see getting home from Perth being easy!! 🤪

With Curnard and PO UK cancelling out to 31st July, I also think it may be cancelled.   Received same email for the 2nd time (think they want the money) so I am not going to part with my money which will take ages to get back.  We are just concentrating on things going for our January cruise.

5 minutes ago, Rassa said:

With Curnard and PO UK cancelling out to 31st July, I also think it may be cancelled.   Received same email for the 2nd time (think they want the money) so I am not going to part with my money which will take ages to get back.  We are just concentrating on things going for our January cruise.

I agree. We also do not want any more FCC, will hang on to our $$. We are also looking towards our April 2021 cruise, I’m not convinced about that one either. Time will tell & with plenty of ‘dreaming, research & planning’ in the meantime! 😉

I just cancelled my Sapphire Princess cruise from Fremantle to Brisbane in August. I doubt whether it will be sailing anyhow. I booked a flight to Perth with Qantas using points but haven't cancelled that yet as I might still go there to see my friend. I will wait and see what happens! 

I am still waiting for refunds from other cruises that have been cancelled and hope to receive them soon!