Explorer 2 Question...

We will be onboard Explorer 2 in Caribbean April for 2 weeks.  Just wanted to know what night the Chic/Formal/Captains dinner may be.  We were on Celebration in Med in Aug and it was our second night, sea day, just wondered if it followed suit. We were given invites to either a early or late dinner seating, is this the same too?  Any info at all would be great thanks :classic_biggrin:

Explorer 2 has dress to impress night once a week. The Captain will introduce the senior officers etc but apart from that dining arrangements are normal. There are no sittings in the dining room, just turn up and ask for a table. Dress code is posher evening casual, you can go suited and booted if you wish but not required.

Usually sea days - but I think Celebration have a different agenda. On the Explorer2 you do not meet the captain these days, just a photographer if you want photo and open dining arrangement, smart dress or Tux if you wish.

18 hours ago, oxygenbanditnot said:

Formal attire is hardly observed, you may feel like a fish out of a barrell.

i think on Ex2 more people do make effort with it being adult only. Usually sea day and no biggy really as davecttr said above. 

We found most folks  spruced up most nights on Celebration last year, especially chic night. I'll throw a cocktail dress in and go with the flow. Hubby only takes smart (all be it loud) shirts away anyway and if he wears a suit, I'll think he's going out to work 😟.

Having just returned from the Caribbean, very very few made an effort to impress. I saw one black tie in 2 weeks, mostly shorts and loose shirts for the gentlemen, I felt definitely out of place with my stripy blazer, The Ladies were more glamourise and seemed to make an effort. I hope this helps, Alan and Pam

4 hours ago, alanandpam said:

Having just returned from the Caribbean, very very few made an effort to impress. I saw one black tie in 2 weeks, mostly shorts and loose shirts for the gentlemen, I felt definitely out of place with my stripy blazer, The Ladies were more glamourise and seemed to make an effort. I hope this helps, Alan and Pam

What is it with the men? In October we saw many ladies that had made an effort and looked very nice whereas their men looked like they hadn't even bothered to have a wash!  Come on you fellas make an effort, you might enjoy it!

You got it in one girls - bought a new tux last year and it will definitely not be languishing in the wardrobe. A little bit of effort certainly does not go to waste. It is all part of the cruise/holiday.