Help Planning Cozumel Stop

snoopy5512

We will be in Cozumel in April off of the RC Oasis. We will have 2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 9). My daughter has expressed interest in dolphins, though I am not sold on this... She also expressed interest in parasailing. 

We would love a wonderful beach to hang on, maybe bring some snorkel gear to snorkel, enjoy some lunch, and drinks, and just relax. We are very much beach people, but pools are important to the littles. On my list are Nachi Cocum (worried it won't be kid friendly), Paradise Beach, Chankanaab Park (worried the beach isn't the nicest), and Playa Mia (worried it is too little kid friendly). 

We also are thinking that would would spend the day on the beach, but then leave and maybe explore 8th street, and wander. Because of this, I am not sure a full day AI option is best. We don't need to be back to the boat until 7. 

Not interested in ruins... went to riviera/tulum area for a week 2 years ago and did that 🙂 

Please help plan our day!

9 minutes ago, rdhed said:

I am no real help but had to laugh when I saw your screen name here:)  For what it's worth my neighbor said Playa Mia was her favorite with her kids. 

HAHAHA - You are all going to Cozumel too, right? What are you doing? 

Howdy neighbor! 😃

Chankanaab sounds perfect for your team - nice beach, separate snorkel area, sea lion shows, everyone can see the dolphins - swimming with or "meeting" the dolphins costs extra - small pool, water toys, typical beach food/drinks, etc.  Taxi will be about $12 each way and adult admission is about $20 each.  Leave when you  have had enough and head downtown or return to the ship.

Welcome to the boards and have a great cruise! 😎

2 hours ago, snoopy5512 said:

We will be in Cozumel in April off of the RC Oasis. We will have 2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 9). My daughter has expressed interest in dolphins, though I am not sold on this... She also expressed interest in parasailing. 

We would love a wonderful beach to hang on, maybe bring some snorkel gear to snorkel, enjoy some lunch, and drinks, and just relax. We are very much beach people, but pools are important to the littles. On my list are Nachi Cocum (worried it won't be kid friendly), Paradise Beach, Chankanaab Park (worried the beach isn't the nicest), and Playa Mia (worried it is too little kid friendly). 

We also are thinking that would would spend the day on the beach, but then leave and maybe explore 8th street, and wander. Because of this, I am not sure a full day AI option is best. We don't need to be back to the boat until 7. 

Not interested in ruins... went to riviera/tulum area for a week 2 years ago and did that 🙂 

Please help plan our day!

We've taken our two kids to Nachi Cocom 6 or 7 times now over the past 10 years or so. They've always had a blast there. It is laid back, but between the ocean and the pool and ordering all the strawberry smoothies they can drink - my two daughters have always loved it. The snorkeling isn't great, but there is one area of rocks in the water where some fish hang out. And you can snorkle around the pier and always see plenty of fish there - though they're not always the vibrant colored fish you can find around reefs. We've also seen a stingray there a couple times.

And they do have a vendor that offers water sports - including parasailing - if you want to do that for an additional price.

23 hours ago, rdhed said:

The current plan is just to go shopping and eat lunch in the downtown area, we are doing a beach day on our first stop the day before in Costa Maya.  

Just one beach day? We need all the beach days! Actually we might do falls in Jamaica.

On 2/11/2020 at 2:07 PM, JohninDC said:

Howdy neighbor! 😃

Chankanaab sounds perfect for your team - nice beach, separate snorkel area, sea lion shows, everyone can see the dolphins - swimming with or "meeting" the dolphins costs extra - small pool, water toys, typical beach food/drinks, etc.  Taxi will be about $12 each way and adult admission is about $20 each.  Leave when you  have had enough and head downtown or return to the ship.

Welcome to the boards and have a great cruise! 😎

Thanks! is the $20 each inclusive of snorkel equipment rental? Is the beach really nice?

22 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

We've taken our two kids to Nachi Cocom 6 or 7 times now over the past 10 years or so. They've always had a blast there. It is laid back, but between the ocean and the pool and ordering all the strawberry smoothies they can drink - my two daughters have always loved it. The snorkeling isn't great, but there is one area of rocks in the water where some fish hang out. And you can snorkle around the pier and always see plenty of fish there - though they're not always the vibrant colored fish you can find around reefs. We've also seen a stingray there a couple times.

And they do have a vendor that offers water sports - including parasailing - if you want to do that for an additional price.

My only issue with Nachi is the cost, particularly if we don't want to spend the whole day...

33 minutes ago, snoopy5512 said:

Thanks! is the $20 each inclusive of snorkel equipment rental? Is the beach really nice?

Not sure about equipment. If not included the rental fees will be small, or pick up a cheap set at Target. I bring my own mask because of my prescription. The beach is nice, but no where on the island has white powdery sand like you find on the FL panhandle. 

if you are not sure about an AI like Nachi look at a pay as you go club like Paradise Beach, Money Bar (good snorkeling from the shore) or Carlos & Charlie’s. 

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster with photo intensive reviews of most of the beach clubs on Cozumel linked in her signature. Check them out!

• 3 weeks later...