Women's Formal Night Shoes

e71465

Hi Ladies, 

I'm in my 50's and just want a comfortable shoe to wear on formal night. Not something that has a high heel and hard to walk in. Something cute but comfortable with a heel". I've been looking on line at shoes but can't find anything I like.  I was wondering what you all thought of wearing a wedge heel with my cocktail dress?  The shoe I'm interested in buy is a basic strappy black sandal.  Advice please...  

strappy.jpg

• Like 4

I like it, wouldn't worry about what you have on your feet.  I've written in threads, I wear silky black or champagne palazzo pants plus flats now because I caught a heel in the hem of a skirt on the stairs, nearly fell. 

I don't worry about what is on my feet, usually black or beige flats.  The tops I wear are dressy, not something I would wear on a smart casual night.  Some might say not formal but looking around, middle of the road if I was concerned (I'm not).

Wear shoes you are comfortable in, by all means.

• Like 1

Those would be perfectly fine.  I have terrible problems with my feet and I just ordered a pair of these ...  while they are not exactly formal, they are comfortable and give me the arch support which is an absolute necessity for me.  They have a little sparkle to them as well.  

Taos Footwear Women's Gift 2 Black Printed Leather Sandal 7 M US

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

agreed - for my wife - get some dressy designer kicks from Chuck Taylor - ultimate comfort 

I would do that BUT I promised my husband I would get something with a heel. He is 6'4" and I am 5'2" and he loves it when I wear heels.

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a great plan.  Some people when they travel have issues with swollen feet, getting a dress shoe on is nearly impossible.  I've had to go in the dining room with Danskin ballerina slippers.  I bring them along for long flights, after I twisted my ankle, couldn't get shoes on, so I wore slippers.

And, yes, to the poster above, that is where I slipped, got my heel in my skirt, two men ahead of me, caught me.  Don't even like to think about what would have happened if they weren't there.

Edited by susancruzs

1 hour ago, nini said:

On formal nights, I have only seen men and women turned away when they

were wearing flip flops.

They would only turn you away if you were barefoot...and then someone would have to look down and see your feet.

I bring 2 pairs of shoes on a cruise: a pair of black "running" shoes and a pair of black sandals. I wear them with whatever (formal night or not).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

e71465 - Seems like an even trade to me !😉

May I ask you where you found that wedge sandal?

I am in my 60s and high heels are a mere memory for me ! These sandals may be a good choice for me also.

TYIA

I ordered these on Amazon.  They were only $37.50 and I have another pair almost like these and they are very, very comfortable!! You would think you're wearing some tennis shoes they are so comfortable!!

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

e71465 - Seems like an even trade to me !😉

May I ask you where you found that wedge sandal?

I am in my 60s and high heels are a mere memory for me ! These sandals may be a good choice for me also.

TYIAan

Amazon 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H8XT116/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To be quite honest, I wear a pair of black velvet slippers (mules) with a very small wedge.  My feet swell up on a ship and no way could I wear a fancy shoe.  Sometimes I have to resort to wearing a pair of silver flip flops.  When I see people in agony wearing high heeled fancy sandals I give a sigh of relief that I do not have to wear those anymore.  Have been known to cry if my feet hurt. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

OP, if you do wear a true heal, just be careful on the 'marble' stairs in the Piazza/Atrium ...

yes, be careful on that floor. The pair you show look just fine to me.

• Like 1