Bora Bora Excursions

DGK

Feeling confused regarding the following excursions . ….What is  the difference please between  two ship tours.... Lagoon Excursion with Maohi Nui code 1603- $119.00 and Pure Snorkeling with Reef Discovery code 1612-$145.00. they both state that they make 3 stops.

I have also read on this forum that some have booked pure snorkeling privately and it was their fav. excursion. Would that be the same tour as the ships 1612. I checked the website and if booked privately it is approx.$115.00 ,

Thanks so much in advance

This is the first time I have seen that Pure Snorkeling has partnered with Paul Gauguin.  In the past you could only go with them if you arranged this privately.  I have been out with them 7 times and it is great.  A small very fast boat that usually takes no more than 8 people.  I would try to reserve it privately to save some $$ and perhaps have less people on the boat.  The other excursion is via an outrigger canoe (with motor).  It is not as fast and will probably be a little less comfortable than Pure Snorkeling.

This was 3 years ago.:  Considering we pulled into bora bora late the first morning and it took a long time to get our passports back after being in the Cook Islands and we missed our pure snorkel tour we booked privately, I might book this excursion thru the ship in October...I am going to write them to see if they are contracted exclusively with PG now...

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the "Off Road Adventure" code BRB-1609. The view from on top of the mountains is spectacular.  However, the "road" is very minimal, so the Land Rover will be bouncing around a lot at steep angles.  If you have back, neck, or mobility issues etc. you will want to pass on this one.

• 1 month later...

We have booked Pure Snorkel twice in the past, once while in Bora Bora on the Paul Gauguin, the other time when we were staying post cruise at the IC Thalassa. They are an exceptional outfit, great boats, great guides, great locations. They take up to 8 people on their boats, which are newer "speed boats" as opposed to larger outriggers like many other excursions that may carry 20+ people. Both times we went with them, we only had one other couple on board. I'm pretty certain if you book through the PG, you'll have a full boat of 8 pax plus guide at a higher cost. However, I would be very careful booking or more importantly paying for any private excursion at this point. Unfortunately, we have no idea what the future holds.