Limited Time What to See?

AK Dreaming

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

We are going to be in port from 2:00pm to 8:00pm  Anyone that's been here before can you suggest what we can see in this amount of time?  

Pigeon Island

Coastal cruise with a water taxi.

Marigot Bay

Soufriere with the Pitons and volcano, hour drive down/hour return, see the sunset by the beach, dinner in town and return for 7:30..

Enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Pigeon Island

Coastal cruise with a water taxi.

Marigot Bay

Soufriere with the Pitons and volcano, hour drive down/hour return, see the sunset by the beach, dinner in town and return for 7:30..

Enjoy. 

Thank you!  I really wanted to see the Pitons but everyone I spoke to said there is not enough time.  Should I rent a car?

8 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

Thank you!  I really wanted to see the Pitons but everyone I spoke to said there is not enough time.  Should I rent a car?

Nope. Easier to hit a driver at port, and he's down. 

You'll be against any traffic, drive down should be 60-75 minutes, depending on how often you stop.  You can swing through the volcano by 4/4:30, head to somewhere for dinner by 5/5:30 and back to port  - if you leave by 6:30, for port by 7:30.  

Or head down, take in volcano, some drinks on the beach or a dip in the ocean at the beach park, and head back up by 5/5:30 and you'll be back to port by 6:30 or so.   

You won't have time to linger really, or to hit a lot of the hot spots in Soufriere, but you definitely can make the drive down, see them, swing through the volcano and back up 

I'm predicating this on you being docked at Port Castries.  If you're anchored at Pigeon Island - that adds an hour roundtrip to the times above, at a minimum.  Makes it a lot tighter.  

3 hours ago, Outta My Work Clothes said:

Water taxi you speak of Reed?

my time frame is similar cept we come in at 12:30....really want to see Pitons by water but everything is booked and a charter is priced prohibitive...the sunset cruises are more geared to the hotels.

Your help is Greatly appreciated!

Shashamane Water taxi, Israel Water taxi, etc