Segmenting across the South Pacific WC Valparaiso to Sydney 15/02

Silver Spectre

Great news SS.... No place like home!

Please fill in the details of disembarkation when you get time. I'm certainly impressed that Oz has assisted yourselves and the Spirit. I did think you'd be straight into quarantine, though by the time you get back I suspect we'll be in lockdown! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Great news SS.... No place like home!

Please fill in the details of disembarkation when you get time. I'm certainly impressed that Oz has assisted yourselves and the Spirit. I did think you'd be straight into quarantine, though by the time you get back I suspect we'll be in lockdown! 

Some left early this morning to make 10am flights, all the others disembarking today have to go through the show lounge by 9am. Not sure if this is immigration again or a health check. We will get off tomorrow.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 2

As we have left the lovely Silver Whisper and are holed up in our hotel for the day we are hoping that all the departed guests get home safely. We also hope that the wonderful crew who are travelling today get home safely. Our thoughts are with those who are staying on the ship, either by choice or currently enforced because their countries are closed. We look forward to seeing all of you when we are allowed to cruise again.

• Like 5

Do you know if Whisper will remain berthed in Sydney? I'm guessing it must be if the crew are getting off, unless that is just the staff looking after guests? So many variables and unknowns which we can all give our best wishes to, including your good selves who will hopefully departing for home soon.

Despite it being a disappointment though missing ports and weather etc along with all the unknowns, I'm very certain it will be one you talk about for many years to come.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your adventure and safe journey home to you and everyone on this voyage... Guests and staff. 

6 hours ago, les37b said:

Do you know if Whisper will remain berthed in Sydney? I'm guessing it must be if the crew are getting off, unless that is just the staff looking after guests? So many variables and unknowns which we can all give our best wishes to, including your good selves who will hopefully departing for home soon.

Despite it being a disappointment though missing ports and weather etc along with all the unknowns, I'm very certain it will be one you talk about for many years to come.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your adventure and safe journey home to you and everyone on this voyage... Guests and staff. 

It’s already left, going to Freemantle,  Cape Town, Gibralter and somewhere UK or close.

20 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

As far as I know all pax were off by mid afternoon. Those with later flights were allowed to stay onboard beyond 10am before heading to the airport.

Be prepared for life in the UK.  Supermarkets have been stripped of food and now the UK government has closed all bars and restaurants and places of entertainment.  Supermarkets have accordingly been stripped of all alcohol.  People have also been panic buying seeds and compost with the idea of growing their own food.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Be prepared for life in the UK.  Supermarkets have been stripped of food and now the UK government has closed all bars and restaurants and places of entertainment.  Supermarkets have accordingly been stripped of all alcohol.  People have also been panic buying seeds and compost with the idea of growing their own food.  

Zombie Apocalypse 

Same in Australia albeit not strict lockdowns yet.

Toilet paper not seen for days and difficult to find vegemite today.

Globally is like viewing a bad science fiction story. 

Frightening how rules are being made almost hourly.

Hope the master plan based on flattening the curve work.

Meanwhile we have happy memories of travel and cruising and hope to have more.

Take care all. 

• Like 1