Areas Like the Haven on NCL

bryfre

We have done 2 family cruises on NCL and are about to do our 3rd this March. We always stay in the Haven, as the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom works great for our family and we enjoy the extra perks. We are wondering if there are any other cruise lines with areas similar to the Haven. Thanks for your feedback.

Joebucks is correct: I was called a snob and worse for asking a similar question last year. My problem was that while you can get a nice large suite on Carnival (which I like), you are still confronted with rude people and obnoxious drunks in common areas.

I am not crazy about the idea of separate classes on the same ship but,

we looked at the Haven, MSC Yacht Club and Carnival Havana. When you factor in all the costs, Viking Ocean is the way to go. The cost looks high from the start but it is all inclusive (or almost)and in the end, your total will be close to the others when selecting a nice cabin plus port charges plus excursions plus expensive drinks . Many perks on other lines are included. The only drawback for the OP may be that on Viking, passengers must be 18+.

Edited by jacquesmm

6 hours ago, jacquesmm said:

I am not crazy about the idea of separate classes on the same ship but,

we looked at the Haven, MSC Yacht Club and Carnival Havana. When you factor in all the costs, Viking Ocean is the way to go. The cost looks high from the start but it is all inclusive (or almost)and in the end, your total will be close to the others when selecting a nice cabin plus port charges plus excursions plus expensive drinks . Many perks on other lines are included. The only drawback for the OP may be that on Viking, passengers must be 18+.

I appreciate reading your perspective.  Previous Viking guests with whom I have met have had the same thoughts.  

For me, the "quibble" that I have is the included shore excursions at many, if not all, ports.  I have studied the Viking itineraries and the included tours.  Frequently, what is offered as being "included" do not interest me.  If I book such a cruise that includes those, then I will be paying for something that I am not likely to use.  

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in MSC YC.  A well traveled table mate of mine on this past Christmas/New Year's Cruise on the Volendam suggested that if I enjoyed YC, try Seabourn.  I'm looking into that option currently.