Street BBQ Just Outside of Cruise Port?

BTHodgeman

Hello! We visited St. Kitts around three years ago and after doing a cruise ship excursion wandered around just outside of the cruise port. We stumbled upon some delicious BBQ food that was being cooked right on the street in what looked like giant old oil drums. I recall that if you were walking from the cruise ship past the cruise port area, it was maybe 1-2 blocks to the left of the cruise port.

Does anyone have any details about this BBQ vendor? Does it still exist? We are visiting again in about a month and would really like to eat it again! Here's a picture of what it looked like if that helps anyone. 

IMG_0885.JPG

Edited by BTHodgeman

6 hours ago, BTHodgeman said:

Hello! We visited St. Kitts around three years ago and after doing a cruise ship excursion wandered around just outside of the cruise port. We stumbled upon some delicious BBQ food that was being cooked right on the street in what looked like giant old oil drums. I recall that if you were walking from the cruise ship past the cruise port area, it was maybe 1-2 blocks to the left of the cruise port.

Does anyone have any details about this BBQ vendor? Does it still exist? We are visiting again in about a month and would really like to eat it again! Here's a picture of what it looked like if that helps anyone. 

IMG_0885.JPG

Plenty of vendors on a Market Days, being Friday or Saturday, but not 100% shure how many are there during the rest of the week.  A contact with The Tourist Board will give you all the answers.

5 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Plenty of vendors on a Market Days, being Friday or Saturday, but not 100% shure how many are there during the rest of the week.  A contact with The Tourist Board will give you all the answers.

Thanks! I checked my prior itinerary, and we were there on a Friday. We are there on a Friday again for the upcoming trip, so I am hopeful!