Taking wine on board???

tigger54

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Also if you don't like the bubbly or wine that came with our room you can either have is swapped by you room steward or bring to dinner and the Sommelier can give you a credit against a more expensive bottle.

This is not always true.  We have ben on several cruises where others have tried unsuccessfully to do this.  It is another of those Celebrity things.....It depends on who you ask.

37 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

This is not always true.  We have ben on several cruises where others have tried unsuccessfully to do this.  It is another of those Celebrity things.....It depends on who you ask.

I would not bother. I don't think cabin steward will do it for you. Why not use it for Mimosas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

I am fairly certain you would not be able to as I believe it is only at initial embarkation.  You can always pack your wine which is what we usually do using reusable padded wine sleeves purchased online.  We have never had a problem although it does take up valuable space in your luggage!  

That's what we do.

3 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

According to the rules, NO.  There are always exceptions to the rules, but for the most part, this has been enforced.  I wouldn't try it, as I would not like to be stuck with the 2 bottles waiting for me at debarcation and having to pack them to take them home.

Thanks to all for the answers.  Will have to try to find something before we board.  Hopefully Jorge Newberry airport has a duty free.

4 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Surprised to hear.  We have never been turned down.    I don't deny that Celebrity is consistently inconsistent.   We use to just leave it in our room at the end of the cruise before we learned that it could be exchanged (at least for us). 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Surprised to hear.  We have never been turned down.    I don't deny that Celebrity is consistently inconsistent.   We use to just leave it in our room at the end of the cruise before we learned that it could be exchanged (at least for us). 

We always book Suites so our butler was always happy to exchange.  However in talking with people not in Suites we found this not to be the case.  I no longer talk about this with fellow cruisers on board just in case they are not able to exchange theirs...