Nassau - looking for a laid back day

Mintycake

We'll be in Nassau in October off the Oasis of the seas - me, my husband and our 10 year old daughter.  We were thinking of walking to Queens Staircase and the Fort and then hanging out on a beach.  Just looking for sun and swimming, and a beach with a bathroom where we're not going to pay an arm and a leg for chairs.  Is there anything you'd recommend?  We don't need to snorkel or swim with dolphins or anything, just something relaxed.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Id recommend a bit of a walking tour that includes the staircase , fort and other historical sites.  Do it in a bit of a loop and end up on Junkaboo beach.  Lots of restaurants let you use their chairs etc if you buy from them and its close to the ship.  For the tour look at Frommers

On 2/13/2020 at 11:48 AM, Mintycake said:

We'll be in Nassau in October off the Oasis of the seas - me, my husband and our 10 year old daughter.  We were thinking of walking to Queens Staircase and the Fort and then hanging out on a beach.  Just looking for sun and swimming, and a beach with a bathroom where we're not going to pay an arm and a leg for chairs.  Is there anything you'd recommend?  We don't need to snorkel or swim with dolphins or anything, just something relaxed.  Thanks!

We booked a day pass at British Colonial Hilton this past week, was relaxing beyond belief.  Pool, beach, bathrooms and food/drink options

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 4:21 PM, geegee1 said:

We booked a day pass at British Colonial Hilton this past week, was relaxing beyond belief.  Pool, beach, bathrooms and food/drink options

Were the pool, beach & bathrooms CLEAN?  What about the food?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 11:48 AM, Mintycake said:

Just looking for sun and swimming, and a beach with a bathroom where we're not going to pay an arm and a leg for chairs.  Is there anything you'd recommend?  We don't need to snorkel or swim with dolphins or anything, just something relaxed.  Thanks!

I liked the British Colonial Hilton, despite their small beach.     No extra fee for a chair, just need to arrive early.

Ordered martinis at the bar and my companion made a James Bond joke, the bartender didn't get it -- with the two filming locations from Never Say Never Again (1983) being gone since  Hurricane Floyd (1999), apparently this hotel is no longer of interest to Fleming fans, though maybe that will change with the renaming of the pier bar behind the Hilton?