Has anyone been denied boarding due to fever?

purpleally

10 days to cruise. I am doing everything in my power to not get sick. 
for arguments sake, wondering what would really happen if denied boarding

would travel insurance pay?  What about the healthy person if a couple?
What would NCL reimburse?  The gratuities from drink package and dining?
What about my cruise next certificate that is no good to me since purchased especially for this cruise?
in fact, if NCL is denying boarding should they not reimburse every penny I paid? Including travel costs to get to Florida and my pre paid parking?

bad enough I’m out a vacation that has been booked for nearly two years; I don’t want to be out massive amounts of money. 

just wondering...

I am honestly hoping I dont have a hot flash. I will also be with my mom and lugging two large suitcases since we have the cruise and the following week my dh meeting us and watching my son play ball in Florida since he pitches for his college teamso I have two different clothes trips. I honestly have been worried about my hot flashes and thinking although Im always cold I will not be wearing a sweater. 

6 hours ago, js said:

I am honestly hoping I dont have a hot flash. I will also be with my mom and lugging two large suitcases since we have the cruise and the following week my dh meeting us and watching my son play ball in Florida since he pitches for his college teamso I have two different clothes trips. I honestly have been worried about my hot flashes and thinking although Im always cold I will not be wearing a sweater. 

I am past that, fortunately, but have wondered about it and would be concerned too. Hot flashes cause your skin temperature to rise 4-7 degrees but your core body temperature stays where it is supposed to be. So my question is about how they take your temperature, If it's a quick skin swipe, it might be a problem. Does anyone know? 

Just now, mugtech said:

Ask for the most accurate, get a rectal.

That's not going to happen. They have their protocol in place and I'd be shocked if anyone at check-in would veer from that. They won't want "excuses" or explanations, they swipe your temp and either it's acceptable or away you go.

3 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

That's not going to happen. They have their protocol in place and I'd be shocked if anyone at check-in would veer from that. They won't want "excuses" or explanations, they swipe your temp and either it's acceptable or away you go.

If I were having heat flashes and denied boarding I would demand a rectal, threaten them with my lawyer etc.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mugtech said:

If I were having heat flashes and denied boarding I would demand a rectal, threaten them with my lawyer etc.

I hear you. What I would do is tell them it is a hotflash and tell them to do it again as soon as it is over. Hopefully they would be at least that reasonable, to wait 2 minutes (or however long). 

I thought it was a high temperature plus symptoms? I also thought it was by medical review not by a non medically trained check in staff?

There numerous reasons you can have a higher than normal temperature that has nothing to do with being ill e.g. Ovulation. A person can have a higher base-line than standard too.

A high temperature doesn't tell you much with out a patient history or at least some sign of symptoms.

8 minutes ago, kerryincork said:

I thought it was a high temperature plus symptoms? I also thought it was by medical review not by a non medically trained check in staff?

There numerous reasons you can have a higher than normal temperature that has nothing to do with being ill e.g. Ovulation. A person can have a higher base-line than standard too.

A high temperature doesn't tell you much with out a patient history or at least some sign of symptoms.

You are right! I just rechecked the latest email I received and  it appears to now say no temp screening unless symptoms. That's a load off--so glad you posted this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

So I must have missed something, is NCL checking passengers temperature before they board?  I don't recall having anyone check my temperature before boarding.

Due to the coronavirus, they are if you show any symptoms like sneezing, coughing, congestion, etc. Anyone with a temp over 100.1 is not allowed to board.

• Like 1

I got a flu shot in September. I’m drinking hot water with airborne and energenC

I am taking elderberry syrup

I am trying to stay away from people as much as I can

Wash hands

Taking Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer and plastic gloves for cruise 

i don’t want to get any kind of sick!!!!

PS. Not usually this anal but this cruise has been planned for two years!

9 minutes ago, purpleally said:

I got a flu shot in September. I’m drinking hot water with airborne and energenC

I am taking elderberry syrup

I am trying to stay away from people as much as I can

Wash hands

Taking Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer and plastic gloves for cruise 

i don’t want to get any kind of sick!!!!

PS. Not usually this anal but this cruise has been planned for two years!

Tea with cinnamon, lemon & honey is also good

Wash hands, don't touch your face & don't eat with your hands

16 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Just tell them what is going on, and wait a few minutes and get checked again. Issue solved. They aren't ging to deny you boarding without further investigation.

16 hours ago, mugtech said:

Ask for the most accurate, get a rectal.

I agree with you - I am concerned how accurate a non touch measurement can be. Any number of factors could cause someone's temperature to fluctuate. i.e weather, clothing on, stress from day of traveling.