Thoughts on the ONE WAY Cruise - Boston to Montreal?

tradio1207

We are thinking about cruising out of Boston which will require a 6 hour drive to get there. Then cruising one way (several cruise lines - -we haven't decided)  to Montreal and then flying back to Boston and making that 6 hour drive home. We don't have a lot of extra vacation time - and I'm thinking this is a lot to coordinate  - but it sure sounds like a great cruise. Has anyone done something similar?  Thanks for your help. 

We have done the Boston to Quebec cruise and it was great.  We are about a 7 hour drive to Boston but flew to Boston and back from Quebec.  For two of us when we added the cost of gas, tolls, parking and energy it was worth the airfare.  I also find that the drive to a cruise is fine and the adrenaline is flowing but after a cruise a long drive is more of a drag.

We are booked on Empress of Seas Montreal to Montreal.  I live in rural PA and it is about a 5 1/2 hour drive to Montreal.  We are leaving two days early and will drive back when we get back to Montreal.   Might be worth looking into something like this.  When we did the cruise you are referring to Boston to Montreal we flew to Boston and then rented a car when we were int Montreal and dropped it off at airport where we left our car.  There is a higher fee for driving a car one way from Canada to US but it was worth it for us since we had 2 kids with us at that time.