Is Coco Cay worth the cost?

ecormier

27 minutes ago, eddeb said:

My  point is still the same. that thing they built to make tons of $$$ is not at all  compatible

for a serene place like this.

That's your personal opinion, not a fact.  Many, many people love it.  And there are many serene spots on the island, even with "that thing" there.

And I'm still curious... you're the Moore's WHAT?  

Edited by brillohead

10 minutes ago, brillohead said:

That's your personal opinion, not a fact.  Many, many people love it.  And there are many serene spots on the island, even with "that thing" there.

And I'm still curious... you're the Moore's WHAT?  

We are a family  of 4. Did you see we're the Miller's movie? Jen Aniston is great.

I am not nostradamus but you are very right. It is our opinion. Big storm bye bye.

See my son on the Harmony winning the belly flop contest.

Let's all loosen up a little please. It's always 5 o clock on the ship.

May your seas be flat and your tummies be fat.

United we stand> divided we....

bliss.thumb.jpg.d7317c5146cf29775c1e60ab6076c5d7.jpg717161454_seanandcaptain.thumb.jpg.ee03d8c50c3842cd7b33b51cddcc5732.jpg695877534_dadnsean.thumb.jpg.40af5d11c52c0fc59c0b4bbb306ac5ef.jpg

We're the Moore's  🙂

Good luck to you and your family Brillo pad.

Tampa Bay  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddeb said:

We are a family  of 4. Did you see we're the Miller's movie? Jen Aniston is great.

I am not nostradamus but you are very right. It is our opinion. Big storm bye bye.

See my son on the Harmony winning the belly flop contest.

Let's all loosen up a little please. It's always 5 o clock on the ship.

May your seas be flat and your tummies be fat.

United we stand> divided we.....

We're the Moore's  🙂

Good luck to you and your family Brillo pad.

Tampa Bay  

Congrats to your son. Great belly flop.

We will be traveling with our adult daughter with Ds.  She is an adrenaline junky and loves water slides.  We go to Disney or Universal, we are at the water parks. She has an annual cheer competition in Dallas and we have to stay a night at Great Wolf Lodge.

I don't think she is going to be satisfied with the itty bitty slide on the bungalow so I reluctantly bought water park passes. Now to bribe her adult siblings to keep her company.

Coco Cay is looking to be the highlight day of our cruise. Hopefully we will be able to dock. We LOVE the idea that everything is ala carte and we only have to pay for what we want to spend extra on and that we can decide if we want thrills or just to chill out on a beach.

• Like 1

Thanks Cured,

I am sure you will have a great time.

Back in the old days the private island

was the last day of the cruise to relax before

no more stewards, great "free" meals.

Now they want to make sure you spend that ASF

the first day. (added service fees PP ) I think, not sure

that RCL gets 55pp added per day to their cruise fare.

The cruising industry is booming, and the "new" Ceo

of NCL said they can charge whatever they want and

people will not blink at all. 

We tip hundreds in cash as the crew no longer get your tips.

We bring two suitcases of candy to give them.  They

love the recognition and it's crazy how great they treat 

Bring cash for tips and Candy! It is good for your soul. 

They work 12-14 hour shifts (off and on hours apart

for about $4.25 per hour for 8 months at a time, sending

all their money home as they are the champions for their

families. Stick a few bucks and see how they appreciate

you understand.

May your Seas be flat,

And your tummies be fat.

We're the Moore's 🙂1339219314_DrunkenSailer-IrishRovers-YouTube.html

Tampa Bay

20151202_152926.jpg.91d777cc242ec3759dc89d39ef73237a.jpg621027132_SpiritHotTub.jpg.5cf0efb6c2318d1931b4463852db1487.jpg

3 hours ago, eddeb said:

No such thing as the "We're the Miller's" movie.... it's "We're the Millers":

p9742380_v_v8_ah.thumb.jpg.37340a203bd6163be2fbce60ca19c02a.jpg

If you're trying to say that you're the Moore family, with more than one Moore in the family, that's "We're the Moores".  

If you're trying to say that you are the possession of something called the Moore, that's "We're the Moore's".... like, "We're The Rock's neighbors" or "We're The Situation's cousins".  

Plural is a letter "s" all by itself.  Possession is noted by an apostrophe and a letter "s".  

On 2/14/2020 at 10:54 AM, Iamcruzin said:

Royal Caribbean must have picked up on the fact that they were actually offered someone a good deal and then decided to hike up the prices $1600 to $1900 for the Cabanas.  Someone probably lost their job over your good deal 😆

I have 2 cruises booked.  The 3 night cruise  on Independence the thrill park Cabana is $699, the 7 night on Symphony of the seas is $1600.  We are with a big group on the 7 night and if it was the $700, I might have seen if my friend want to share the cabana but not at $1600.

• Like 1

We were at the Coco Beach Club yesterday and 8 out of the 20 over the water cabanas were empty. Guess the $2k cost (a time of cruising) is the top limit of what people will pay. They were cheaper right when they became available to book but I can’t remember what it was. 

Surprised RCCL didn’t lower the prices to sell them out. There were two ships docked and plenty of people.

On 2/14/2020 at 9:28 AM, sun_lovin!1 said:

Hi Betty.  I have adult kids and pre teen grandkids that all just love waterparks.  I can't imagine taking them to Coco Cay and not getting them water park passes.  There will likely be some lines; however, this is the case at any water park our family has ever been to.  My personal opinion is to get them the passes and relish the enjoyment of the day!

presumably, adult kids can pay for their own tickets and their children's tickets.

I cannot imagine paying $130 per person to stay in lines and enjoy a couple of water slides. It's not worth it to my family.

On 2/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, brillohead said:

No such thing as the "We're the Miller's" movie.... it's "We're the Millers":

p9742380_v_v8_ah.thumb.jpg.37340a203bd6163be2fbce60ca19c02a.jpg

If you're trying to say that you're the Moore family, with more than one Moore in the family, that's "We're the Moores".  

If you're trying to say that you are the possession of something called the Moore, that's "We're the Moore's".... like, "We're The Rock's neighbors" or "We're The Situation's cousins".  

Plural is a letter "s" all by itself.  Possession is noted by an apostrophe and a letter "s".  

you forgot to add:

3DC4kKjQ5HFxORtofvKoR0wpg8AM3ke0_lg.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

The pricing varies by sailing and probably by ship. We did a back to back of 3 and 4 might on Navigator in January. First one was MLK weekend. The chill island cabana was $1100. For our second cruise, not holiday sailing, it was $600. And no we didn’t pay it either time. 😂 The waterpark passes...I got them Black Friday for $24.99 each. They were “on sale” when we were on ship for $54. 

We were at Cococay last week (2/20) on the Anthem.  Beautiful day.  The Mariner was there too.  We got off our boat early-ish and found a sweet spot over by the oasis lagoon pool (spots filled up here by midday, but we noticed plenty of open locations on the beaches when we walked around).  We bought water park passes for the family, which was our only excursion paid for during our trip.  Totally worth it.  The kids (12 and 9) LOVED it.  

The tall slide (red one - Daredevils peak) was very cool (i'm 43, went down with my daughter - holy crap that thing is fast - try not to curse in surprise as the sound waves will echo back up to everyone waiting on line... I may have embarrassed my daughter a bit.. lol).  They have a two-stage line to keep things manageable.  Go to the kiosk at the stairs and they'll give you a card with a half-hour block to come back to wait on line.  We went around 9:15 and got the 9:30-10 am block.  By the time we were off the slide, they were giving cards an  hour later.   At 2 pm, they stop this system and just do normal lines.  My daughter waited twice after this point and was able to go with not too much waiting.

The other slides - especially Slipknot and the other duo one were super fun.  Lines were a little bit time-consuming here, but not long.  The other slides on the main structure were super fun as well - not very long waits.  There's also a wave pool in the waterpark which I enjoyed tremendously.  

Overall, the place didn't feel too crazy or crowded.  My only tip would be to not walk around barefoot.  I did for most of the day, then realized my feet are not accustomed to that.  By the end of the day the base of my heels were killing me.  Still felt it the next day - brutal!  Lol.  

• Like 1