Child-friendly, inexpensive, and safe options in Amber Cove?

backforty

What 100% safe options are there to do with a young child to do in Amber Cove DR? (not a booked excursion or something that costs a lot)

1. Is there a decent beach within a 5 minute walk from dock? If so , how do you get there? Is it free? 

2. If not, where is the closest decent beach, and how do you get there?

3. What are my other (safe) options that would be suitable to bring a young child to and not cost much? 

38 minutes ago, backforty said:

What 100% safe options are there to do with a young child to do in Amber Cove DR?

No beaches in Amber Cove per se. Best nearby beach will be in Sosua which is about 30 minutes away. 

Amber Cove is a self contained welcome center with pools, water slides, shops, bars etc. You could easily spend the entire day here and not spend a dime. That will probably be your best bet if you wish to have a day that doesn’t cost much. 

How old is your young child? Even though there’s no way that any activity can be 100% safe (not even if you bubble wrap your child which could have some risks as well), there are TONS of things to do in the area, some which are perfectly appropriate for young children, although maybe not for the very young. 

Edited by Tapi

Yes, the pool and slides are free. The slides do have height requirements, but I apologize I do not recall what they were. 

The pedicabs are totally free. They take you from the gangway to wherever you want in the area up to the shops. While not really required for the length of the walk, it was fun to do. I tipped him $10 for the 5 of us, but if it were just the two of you, I'd do $5.