Lisbon Tour Company

TMLAalum

I've been researching for a tour from Libon to Sintra and found "We Hate Tourism Tours". Their offerings seem to be very well-priced. Has any Cruise Critic member booked a tour with this company and, if so, what was your experience? Thanks!

Excellent

We took their Sintra and vicinty tour (dont recall its actual name) September 2018. Small van, about 8 of us plus Guide ( female) and driver. Guide was great - she  was in her 30's. We really enjoyed their slightly off beaten track tour. For example while we stopped in Sintra and had time to roam around, we were not taken to Pena and Santa Maria which we could see from van but rather to the Palacio Monserrat - much less crowed with lovely parkland around it you can stroll - appreciated not being with the busloads in Sintra. Instead of going to the traditional coastal spot, Cabo da Roca,  we went a little north of there to Azenhas do Mar to view beaches and coast and eat there in a small adega there. Then they took us all the way back down the coast stopping in Cascais, and again plenty of time to roam around then home. You have the option of ending at a place where their offices are just under the 25 April bridge which has a nice rooftop cafe/bar or they can take you all the way back to the Time Out market place in Cais do Sodre. If you end at their offices its an easy public tram ride or taxi back to Cais do Sodre and Praca do Commercio area. I suspect they mix it up a bit every so often to keep it fresh.

@grnrab

Thanks for the detailed & glowing review! Did you book a private tour or the "Pirate" tour offered to cruisers? The pricing is great for the group tour and includes a lot. DH & I previously spent a night in Sintra, but arrived late and had to be at the Lisbon airport early the next morning so didn't experience any castles except to view them from afar. We did drive from Fatima to Sintra- just getting to our b&b was a challenge, so it will be great to leave the driving to the tour company.

We now have 2 other couples from our roll call joining us so were able to go for a private tour that roughly follows the "Pirates" itinerary but we are including Pena Park & Palace for extra admission. The communication from Marta has been excellent! Can't wait to hear about your tour Schmoopie!

• 2 weeks later...

We used We Hate Tourism Tours for two different tours while staying in Lisbon prior to our Mediterranean cruise. They were awesome! We did the one to Sintra in a small van and enjoyed it. Our favorite was lunch with the locals where we met our guide and had a lovely lunch with him (and no other tourists!). We high,y recommended them!

• 5 weeks later...

We had scheduled their "Pirates" tour for our May 3rd Mediterranean cruise. Obviously, the cruise has been canceled, and so has the tour.

I wanted to come on here and say this company was awesome in handling the cancelation. The owner was very personable and cheerful, even though he knew he was losing business and refunding money. I received a refund the very next day. I did have to create a PayPal account, but that was easy.

I can definitely say if we ever return to Lisbon, this is the first company we'll call.

• 4 months later...

Bike My Side was awesome for something a little unusual.  Daniel or his business partner picks you (or two or you) up in a motorcycle with side car and takes you around to see the sights.  We had a great time.  It was reasonably comfortable and reasonably priced.  It was definitely fun and different.  We then had a little more time after the tour to go out on our own and see some of the places that I had researched before hand. Bike My Side has a website and a Facebook page. 

• 2 weeks later...

We had the "Pirates" tour booked for our cruise in November 2019.

Unfortunately I was unwell on the day and could not join the tour.

My wife went on her own and had a great time.

They went to some off the beaten track places and as well as the major tourist attractions however the company gave them a choice of what t do.

Would book again.