Purchasing Laundry Package online

jules815

I think I know the answer to this, but can someone refresh my memory.

Trying to purchase the 20 pc. laundry package.  I know we did this last year, and shared the package between the two of us.  One package for 2 people.  No need to check the boxes next to both of our names, right?  

We purchased the 40 piece with just one of us being charged. So 40 piece laundry x 1. YES, just check one box.
did the same last year and it worked out great for amount of items sent out.

Edited by phissy

On 2/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, jdvmd said:

This isn't possible. It used to be but was changed a while back.

When did you find out you could not split it? We still split ours in September/October. I see the wording on it and was wondering if it would be a problem now. Having to wait to send it all out together kind of defeats the purpose of purchasing it to allow for packing fewer items.

40 minutes ago, kmorg1234 said:

So I just had an online chat with them, and they claimed there are no laundry packages at all.  Gave me the ala carte price list.  I’m a little confused.  Does anyone know what the real story is?  Thanks!

Unfortunately MSC agents have to go by what they see on their computer screens and MSC corporate is not the greatest at keeping these things updated for existing bookings.   Hopefully your cruise is far out enough there is time until they get it updated and add the laundry packages to your sailing.  Worst case is you have to purchase a package on board, at lesat they don't add a gratuity charge for laundry when purchased on board.

Edited by Até

• 1 year later...

Just booked our first MSC cruise, an 11 day family cruise on Meriviglia around holiday time and am curious about laundry services and packages. 

We can prepurchase online the 10, 20, or 40 piece package but the wording is confusing.

Ideal for families or couple on longer cruises.
Extend the relaxation after a wonderful long holiday by returning home with your clothes washed, dried and ready to put away.

Please note that dry cleaning is excluded, and that silk, wool, men's suits and evening dress are excluded from the final day of the cruise option as they require special treatment. Item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not accepted. Items are collected before 12.00pm, returned before dinner the next day. Refund not available for unused item allowance.

1) Can dh and I both each buy a package and then use them on 2 separate days, say dh uses all his allotted items on day 5 and I use all mine on day 9? (No splitting up a single package into multiple deliveries, that is clearly not allowed, that is NOT what I am asking about) And no we are not YC, we are just in a Fantastica balcony. 

2) Or are these packages only usable on the final day of the cruise and if you want laundry done outside of that final day, it's only al la carte pricing? 

I hope what I am asking is clear... not clear as mud. :classic_tongue: Just trying to get my laundry and packing strat planned. 

Coming from HAL where there is a $7 a day (in the US) cabin wide unlimited laundry package where you just send out your dirty clothes everyday which we as a family always get because little kids go through way too many clothes, you can see why this is all a bit confusing to me. Thanks in advance. 

Laundry cannot be sent out last day of cruise. They need 24-36 hours for turnaround. We sent it out morning of day 5 (of 7 nt) and get it back on day 6, sometime during the day. It gets delivered to cabin, usually when we are out. 

Buying laundry pkg for each of you should work for sending out 2 separate days.  Just make sure one name(not just last name)  and cabin number on laundry slip. 
I would chat with room steward and say you have a laundry pkg for each and please keep guest name  on laundry order.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phissy said:

Buying laundry pkg for each of you should work for sending out 2 separate days.  Just make sure one name(not just last name)  and cabin number on laundry slip. 
I would chat with room steward and say you have a laundry pkg for each and please keep guest name  on laundry order.

Excellent. Thank you. And yes, we will make sure the room steward knows. That makes sense. 

1 hour ago, fatcat04 said:

1) Can dh and I both each buy a package and then use them on 2 separate days, say dh uses all his allotted items on day 5 and I use all mine on day 9?

Absolutely brilliant workaround!!!

I would have never thought of it. 

About “pieces”. Do they really count a pair of socks as 2 pieces????

• Like 1

This is one case when I failed to read the whole synopsis.  I just assumed "40 pieces" meant at any time during the cruise I could get 40 pieces of laundry cleaned, even if that meant doing it in 5 different bags.  I don't care about "returning home with drawer ready clothing".  Everything's going to be smashed and wrinkled the way the airlines handle my luggage.

Oh well.  I can still make it work by just requesting mine somwhere in the middle of the cruise, I suppose.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

About “pieces”. Do they really count a pair of socks as 2 pieces????

A pair of socks is counted as one item.

32 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

I just assumed "40 pieces" meant at any time during the cruise I could get 40 pieces of laundry cleaned, even if that meant doing it in 5 different bags.

Not that long ago you were able to send it out as smaller loads up to the total number of pieces.  So far on my last three cruises after the policy change the cabin steward or assistant butler have told me they don't mind splitting it into two.  Once I was Fantastica, once Aurea and once YC, but all three were longer cruises.  On a seven day you will be more likely get held to the all at once policy unless you're in the YC.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Até said:

Not that long ago you were able to send it out as smaller loads up to the total number of pieces.  So far on my last three cruises after the policy change the cabin steward or assistant butler have told me they don't mind splitting it into two.  Once I was Fantastica, once Aurea and once YC, but all three were longer cruises.  On a seven day you will be more likely get held to the all at once policy unless you're in the YC.

Exactly our experience.  Purchased laundry package before policy change. 
Made copy of laundry policy when purchased just in case.

Never became an issue.

we were allowed to split it into 2 but, as Ate’ said, it was a longer cruise.

going forward, MSC may be more stringent with this program.