Cruise Critic Community
jules815

Purchasing Laundry Package online

I think I know the answer to this, but can someone refresh my memory.

Trying to purchase the 20 pc. laundry package.  I know we did this last year, and shared the package between the two of us.  One package for 2 people.  No need to check the boxes next to both of our names, right?  

We purchased the 40 piece with just one of us being charged. So 40 piece laundry x 1. YES, just check one box.
did the same last year and it worked out great for amount of items sent out.

Edited by phissy

We pre purchased the 20 piece and were so glad we did.  The clothes looked great and I never saw any laundry deals onboard.  We would have been stuck paying the individual prices.

Not sure if you can.  We sent all of ours at once.  The package clearly states all at once.  However,  I have read on other posts that split the package in the YC.  

On 2/20/2020 at 3:31 PM, Casanova02 said:

Hi

Anyone knows if we can split the package in 2 times ?

This isn't possible. It used to be but was changed a while back.

We were able to split it last year on the Seaside in YC on a 14 nighter.  "May" only be a YC perk?

On 2/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, jdvmd said:

This isn't possible. It used to be but was changed a while back.

When did you find out you could not split it? We still split ours in September/October. I see the wording on it and was wondering if it would be a problem now. Having to wait to send it all out together kind of defeats the purpose of purchasing it to allow for packing fewer items.

So I just had an online chat with them, and they claimed there are no laundry packages at all.  Gave me the ala carte price list.  I’m a little confused.  Does anyone know what the real story is?  Thanks!

40 minutes ago, kmorg1234 said:

So I just had an online chat with them, and they claimed there are no laundry packages at all.  Gave me the ala carte price list.  I’m a little confused.  Does anyone know what the real story is?  Thanks!

Unfortunately MSC agents have to go by what they see on their computer screens and MSC corporate is not the greatest at keeping these things updated for existing bookings.   Hopefully your cruise is far out enough there is time until they get it updated and add the laundry packages to your sailing.  Worst case is you have to purchase a package on board, at lesat they don't add a gratuity charge for laundry when purchased on board.

Edited by Até