Aruba UTV Tours

burlybear

Hi All,

We are heading to Aruba in April on Freedom of the Seas and have a relatively long day in port from 8am to 10 pm. I was looking into booking a UTV tour (for the husband and I) and have it narrowed down to either the Around Aruba company or ABC Tours, though reading on these boards some people seem to recommend renting a UTV and going at it on our own with maps (I am so paranoid about getting lost or stuck somewhere with the UTV though). Has anyone used either of these companies or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

16 hours ago, burlybear said:

Hi All,

We are heading to Aruba in April on Freedom of the Seas and have a relatively long day in port from 8am to 10 pm. I was looking into booking a UTV tour (for the husband and I) and have it narrowed down to either the Around Aruba company or ABC Tours, though reading on these boards some people seem to recommend renting a UTV and going at it on our own with maps (I am so paranoid about getting lost or stuck somewhere with the UTV though). Has anyone used either of these companies or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

We have been to Aruba twice now while cruising. The first time we toured with Aruba Trikes and it was awesome. The second time with ABC Tours Jeeps, also great. I don't remember seeing many doing the off-roading on their own. If you are very adventurous, you probably could do it but we prefered to let those that know the island best do the driving. No matter what you do, you will love Aruba. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

dont do it on your own. we just came back from RCCL AOS excursion... great trip highlight of our trip... except 4 out of 12 vehicles broke down over the tough terrain. we were ok but we saw people on there own who broke down and depending on where lack of cell service.. but great adventure.

• 1 year later...

We did not cruise but took a  8 day trip to Aruba last July. We rented all day quads or 4 person razors unguided, it was an amazing day. You can do 1/2 day as well. Place was not far from cruise port.  We circled the entire island from the light house to Baby Beach. Best time ever saw the entire island. 

• 2 months later...

We were there last week and Rented a UTV from Arubiana,  had no issues with the rental process or the equipment.   We did the 8 hour rental,  only thing i would chnage would be to not do the far end (baby beach)  just too long of a drive on paved roads through towns.  From the lighthouse to the Natural Bridge was amazing.  i wish we had turn around at the Bridge and drove back around the way we came and stopped at more places instead of continuing on.  That being said,  we drove over the entire island and had no issues on roads.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 10:58 AM, Jgarriso said:

We were there last week and Rented a UTV from Arubiana,  had no issues with the rental process or the equipment.   We did the 8 hour rental,  only thing i would chnage would be to not do the far end (baby beach)  just too long of a drive on paved roads through towns.  From the lighthouse to the Natural Bridge was amazing.  i wish we had turn around at the Bridge and drove back around the way we came and stopped at more places instead of continuing on.  That being said,  we drove over the entire island and had no issues on roads.

Hi Jgarriso!  Were you able to drive into the Arikok national park?  I've read that they aren't allowing UTV's in there now, unless with a tour.  I was trying to determine last night if the natural bridge is in the park or not.  It looked like it could be based on the map I was looking at.  I'd love more details on your day!  

afraid i cannot answer that,  we were told to backtrack and go around when we got to the natural bridge.  The road is extremely rough at that point,  serious 4x4 and we where there more for the scenery than the off-roading so we didn't venture any further in that direction.  Other UTV's were on that trial though.