Majestic Princess skips Singapore

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I'm on Majestic right now and the captain has just announced that due to ongoing uncertainty the current cruise will be terminating at Fremantle and not Singapore.

No word on what is happening to Majestic after that.

I just posted on the thread above. 

Doesn't interfere with our plans but has made for interesting dinner talk. 

Wondering if they have told those boarding in Melbourne tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I just posted on the thread above. 

Doesn't interfere with our plans but has made for interesting dinner talk. 

Wondering if they have told those boarding in Melbourne tomorrow.

Yes found out.  Decided not to board tomorrow as we have another cruise in Australian waters in March and now we are busy working out a British Isles cruise in addition to what we were going to do in Europe later in the year.   Wonder how many will board?   Hope people are not too disappointed.  

8 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Bit of an update. Staff are saying they are going to Singapore for drydock, but no passengers on board. 

Finishing the cruise in Perth seems a strange decision, if the ship is still continuing on to Singapore.  Must be a good reason.

9 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Bit of an update. Staff are saying they are going to Singapore for drydock, but no passengers on board. 

OK .... so I expect to hear the full low down on this including salacious gossip during the car ride to the airport.

Dig girl, dig!!!

you have 3 hours!!!

• Haha 1

OK .... so I expect to hear the full low down on this including salacious gossip during the car ride to the airport.

Dig girl, dig!!!

you have 3 hours!!!
I'm on to it, still in bed, we just docked, guess we had better pack up and get moving.
See ya at 10am.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I'm on to it, still in bed, we just docked, guess we had better pack up and get moving.

yes, yes you had better ..... have you ever see pier runners chasing a Dobby Elf Mobile ????

Make sure you don't squash the chocolate donut you are bringing me from the IC

What a mess, as some of you know my wife and I were booked on Majestic- Sydney to Singapore, but cancelled a couple of months ago because of serious illness.  On arrival in Singa we were having 10 days there then embarking Arcadia to Southampton.  Arcadia is unlikely to call into Singapore now.

Good luck to all those affected, hope it all works out for you.  There are many Cruise Critic members on board.

Thanks to those who posted the news and updates.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Finishing the cruise in Perth seems a strange decision, if the ship is still continuing on to Singapore.  Must be a good reason.

Possibly the uncertainty of whether Singapore will still be open to cruise ships on 2nd March when Majestic was due to arrive there. By finishing the cruise in Fremantle they can also disembark all crew except the minimum needed to take the ship up to Singapore for the dry dock. 

Yes, we are on this cruise and have decided to do the 4 days from Adelaide, something is better than nothing, they are saying the ship may stay in Fremantle a few days until they have flights for everyone? as it is a big task finding flights from Perth for over 3500 passengers?

Looks like Fremantle is in for a busy time over the next few weeks.

QM2 is due in tomorrow 18/2 for 2 nights after being rerouted with no stops in Asia and is now doing a partial circumnavigation of Australia returning to Freo on her original scheduled stop on 11/3 then proceeding on her scheduled itinerary to Cape Town and Southampton.

All pax on the scheduled visit of Majestic Princess on 22/2 are being offloaded at Fremantle and is proceeding to Dry Dock in Singapore without passengers.

Arcadia has announced that they are not proceeding to Asia from Australia on the world voyage and will now be coming around the bottom of Australia arriving in Freo for two nights on 10/3 before proceeding direct to Columbo to rejoin the original schedule.

Would also appear that both Costa Deliziosa arriving Freo on 16/3 and CMV's Astor on 4/3 may also be doing the same and rerouting away from Asia.   

As previously covered Sapphire Princess has recently been booked for a number of Freo visits this year starting in July.

Can see a few ships being in Asia being removed or laid up this year until confidence returns in what will be a very tough year for the global cruise industry

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Laurostar said:

Looks like Fremantle is in for a busy time over the next few weeks.

QM2 is due in tomorrow 18/2 for 2 nights after being rerouted with no stops in Asia and is now doing a partial circumnavigation of Australia returning to Freo on her original scheduled stop on 11/3 then proceeding on her scheduled itinerary to Cape Town and Southampton.

All pax on the scheduled visit of Majestic Princess on 22/2 are being offloaded at Fremantle and is proceeding to Dry Dock in Singapore without passengers.

Arcadia has announced that they are not proceeding to Asia from Australia on the world voyage and will now be coming around the bottom of Australia arriving in Freo for two nights on 10/3 before proceeding direct to Columbo to rejoin the original schedule.

Would also appear that both Costa Deliziosa arriving Freo on 16/3 and CMV's Astor on 4/3 may also be doing the same and rerouting away from Asia.   

As previously covered Sapphire Princess has recently been booked for a number of Freo visits this year starting in July.

Can see a few ships being in Asia being removed or laid up this year until confidence returns in what will be a very tough year for the global cruise industry

Thank you for this information.

On 2/15/2020 at 8:20 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

I'm on Majestic right now and the captain has just announced that due to ongoing uncertainty the current cruise will be terminating at Fremantle and not Singapore.

No word on what is happening to Majestic after that.

Bloody nightmare,cancelling accommodation ,tours ,flights in Singapore,Qantas are robbing you blind for flights from Perth to Brisbane, oh what the hell ,open another bottle of wine .

Cheers Carole

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Bloody nightmare,cancelling accommodation ,tours ,flights in Singapore,Qantas are robbing you blind for flights from Perth to Brisbane, oh what the hell ,open another bottle of wine .

Cheers Carole

All the best Carole, I could have been in the 'same boat' so to speak.   Enjoy your wine.

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2020 at 2:33 PM, subaru94 said:

Yes, we are on this cruise and have decided to do the 4 days from Adelaide, something is better than nothing, they are saying the ship may stay in Fremantle a few days until they have flights for everyone? as it is a big task finding flights from Perth for over 3500 passengers?

We spent time with a travel agent while in Adelaide arranging a flight from Perth back to 

Brisbane, paying far more than normal with Qantas at a time that doesn’t really suit us and hoping we will be refunded by Princess for that and the flight we had from Singapore.

Staying on the ship till Monday 

Our hotel in Singapore have refunded us already.
Cheers Carole

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Who did you book your hotel through? And how did you go about asking for a cancellation

I booked Strand Hotel myself, (been there before superior rooms are great) sent them an email with booking number and they refunded me same day, will send them a thank you note of appreciation when we get home and give them a good word on TripAdvisor 

Cheers Carole

1 minute ago, Elorac123 said:

I booked Strand Hotel myself, (been there before superior rooms are great) sent them an email with booking number and they refunded me same day, will send them a thank you note of appreciation when we get home and give them a good word on TripAdvisor 

Cheers Carole

Enjoy the rest of your cruise Carole

• Haha 1