Worth it with a 4 yr old?

DevonianCruiser

We’ve cruised out of Miami, FL, NY, SJ and Barbados and instead of doing one of them again thought about NO for a change. We’d be flying to Miami and spending some time in Florida for a couple of weeks - thought about flying to NO, spending a couple of nights there and cruising to Mexico etc. As our daughter would be 4 by then is the extra return flights worth seeing the city with a 4 year old? I realise it won’t offer what Florida does for a child but we would love to visit. 

Do a Google search for "New Orleans with kids." Keep in mind that some of the results will be just ads, and some of the info is out of date, but there is also a lot of attractions for kids.

New Orleans has a world-class aquarium and zoo. The Children's Museum (it isn't just a museum) recently moved to a new and greatly expanded facility in City Park. Storyland is also in City Park with rides, a train that circles the park, and other attractions.

We don't have beaches, but lots of other things a 4 year old would like.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My twins were five when we went and they had plenty to do. As an adult, your options will be limited, for example they can’t go into certain bars, but you can enjoy a drink in the restaurant, Marco Grs’s would, their excellent zoo or aquarium while mixing in adult things to do like restaurants and the WW2 museum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums