B2B Wine Allowance

MTNestr

@MTNestr

Do you get 1 or 2 Bottles pp on a B2B Cruise?

I believe that you are entitled to one per person at the start of the first leg and another at the start of the second.    Princess though don't seem to police taking on wine too closely, especially if you have been to a vineyard.

We tried this strategy when boarding the Sky for B2B cruises.  Liquor control at port gave us crap.  They wanted to hold our bottles to see if someone would approve us bringing them on.  We were cruising with three other couples, some of whom brought the same allowance.  I told them we were advised to bring two bottles each and both boarding passes; they finally let us bring it.  I paid for two cruises.  I get credit for both cruises.  It was very frustrating.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

We tried this strategy when boarding the Sky for B2B cruises.  Liquor control at port gave us crap.  They wanted to hold our bottles to see if someone would approve us bringing them on.  We were cruising with three other couples, some of whom brought the same allowance.  I told them we were advised to bring two bottles each and both boarding passes; they finally let us bring it.  I paid for two cruises.  I get credit for both cruises.  It was very frustrating.  

What will be potentially more frustrating for us is that we booked as one cruise what is essentially a B2B.  We only have one boarding pass. We may have to wait till we get on the second leg, but we will be "in transit" guests...so we'll see!

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 12:02 PM, suzyed said:

What will be potentially more frustrating for us is that we booked as one cruise what is essentially a B2B.  We only have one boarding pass. We may have to wait till we get on the second leg, but we will be "in transit" guests...so we'll see!

We do B2B's all the time & have yet to pay corkage when reboarding with our additional bottles.

Bring bottles of wine on board from Port of call is definitely, one area

"Princess is consistently inconsistent "

We have come back on board with two bottle of wine after bring a shore.....

nobody batted an eye lid   as well as no alcohol  table in sight.

Did this on six ports ( 26 night cruise ).

Cheers Don    

6 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Bring bottles of wine on board from Port of call is definitely, one area

"Princess is consistently inconsistent "

We have come back on board with two bottle of wine after bring a shore.....

nobody batted an eye lid   as well as no alcohol  table in sight.

Did this on six ports ( 26 night cruise ).

Cheers Don    

We have too, from Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece and France.  I am looking forward to getting a few bottles in Santiago to bring on board as well as from some of the other ports! 
If they had tables set up, they just checked to make sure it was wine and not liquor.  The wine just goes through but they held my bottle of Sheridans.

We do b2b frequently.  We bring aboard one bottle/cruise/adult or 4 bottle total when we first board.  We show our cruise card (now medallion) at the wine table and they allow us to have 4 bottles without the corking fee.  Never had a problem.  We also have purchased bottles while on port stops and carried them back onto the ship.  Sometimes we have encountered an alcohol table and sometimes not further sometimes they charge us and sometimes not.  Princess is so consistent these days!

29 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We do b2b frequently.  We bring aboard one bottle/cruise/adult or 4 bottle total when we first board.  We show our cruise card (now medallion) at the wine table and they allow us to have 4 bottles without the corking fee.  Never had a problem.  We also have purchased bottles while on port stops and carried them back onto the ship.  Sometimes we have encountered an alcohol table and sometimes not further sometimes they charge us and sometimes not.  Princess is so consistent these days!

Thanks for that info....kind of a crap shoot how it plays out at each port.  Depending on how much we like the wines in Chile, we will bring on 2-4. And then at each port we may bring on more!  Have never been charged  additional corkage fee in ports.