Cruise Critic Community
maryisme

Ocean or Lagoon Villa

Hi -

I reserved an Ocean View Villa for our day at Great Stirrup Cay. I have a bad knee and find going up hill difficult especially in the sand. I see that the Lagoon Villa is now available. Is one preferable over the other in terms of distance and ease of accessing the beach?  Thanks so much.

Mary

I’ve been in both. The trip from the ocean villa to the water was very steep and pretty rocky  this past June. The villas had just opened, so hopefully this has been fixed since then (at least the rocks). We were in a lagoon villa in December and the trip to the water was less steep and rocky, but it was definitely not flat. The ocean villas are going to be closer to the buffet, for the most part, but all are along a cement path.

15 hours ago, maryisme said:

Hi -

I reserved an Ocean View Villa for our day at Great Stirrup Cay. I have a bad knee and find going up hill difficult especially in the sand. I see that the Lagoon Villa is now available. Is one preferable over the other in terms of distance and ease of accessing the beach?  Thanks so much.

Mary

I don't know when your cruise is, but I will be on GSC in about 10 days (fingers crossed). We had booked a Large Cabana, but I received an email from NCL the other day that they had upgraded us to a Lagoon Villa (at no charge). We actually wanted a Large Cabana, as we have no interest in AC, a flat screen TV and movies ...but it's a done deal so we will go with the flow. What the heck, right?? And I can give you updated info on this then.

2 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

I’ve been in both. The trip from the ocean villa to the water was very steep and pretty rocky  this past June. The villas had just opened, so hopefully this has been fixed since then (at least the rocks). We were in a lagoon villa in December and the trip to the water was less steep and rocky, but it was definitely not flat. The ocean villas are going to be closer to the buffet, for the most part, but all are along a cement path.

Thanks for sharing your experience. That is the sense I got from the videos I found. Thanks for confirming. 

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I don't know when your cruise is, but I will be on GSC in about 10 days (fingers crossed). We had booked a Large Cabana, but I received an email from NCL the other day that they had upgraded us to a Lagoon Villa (at no charge). We actually wanted a Large Cabana, as we have no interest in AC, a flat screen TV and movies ...but it's a done deal so we will go with the flow. What the heck, right?? And I can give you updated info on this then.

We cruise on March 15. You can’t beat free!!! Have a great cruise. I look forward to feedback.