Spectrum of the Seas coming to Australia

Mike , Cruise Director on Voyager of the Seas , last night announced Spectrum will be coming here after it’s current quarantine. Free cruises will be allocated to first responders of the bushfires. No itineraries or dates announced. Availability will be forwarded to Emergency Services for them to do the allocations. Great move RCI , warmly welcomed by those of us onboard. Cheers, Buzz . 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

Mike , Cruise Director on Voyager of the Seas , last night announced Spectrum will be coming here after it’s current quarantine. Free cruises will be allocated to first responders of the bushfires. No itineraries or dates announced. Availability will be forwarded to Emergency Services for them to do the allocations. Great move RCI , warmly welcomed by those of us onboard. Cheers, Buzz . 

Buzz ask next cruise if they have a repo to Sydney.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Buzz ask next cruise if they have a repo to Sydney.

I just went to Next Cruise , they have no information about a repo cruise for Spectrum. The ship has just completed a 14 day quarantine in the Philippines, the crew has just had a day off ship. The ship will complete another quarantine and then an inspection before she is allowed to sail. I think the announcement has caught them by surprise. If I hear any updates I will post , cheers, Buzz.

4 minutes ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

I just went to Next Cruise , they have no information about a repo cruise for Spectrum. The ship has just completed a 14 day quarantine in the Philippines, the crew has just had a day off ship. The ship will complete another quarantine and then an inspection before she is allowed to sail. I think the announcement has caught them by surprise. If I hear any updates I will post , cheers, Buzz.

I did ask my agent, they didn’t know about it.

37 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Spectrum left Manila and is on it’s way to Brisbane with no passengers it seems.

Will arrive 27th on this month.

It was supposed to be coming to Sydney but Sydney must be to busy.

Brisbane has plenty of room for it .

2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I hope they do a very deep clean on it. Very nice gesture by RCL offering free cruises to emergency personnel. I hope that is extended to families who lost loved ones in the fires as well.

It’s been floating around empty for the last few weeks.

I thought they would have passages for the repo but that could cause infection.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s been floating around empty for the last few weeks.

I thought they would have passages for the repo but that could cause infection.

Spectrum will be arriving  in Sydney on the 29th Feb and will be berthing at the OPT in the afternoon after the Ovation sails. It will be arriving” passenger less “ Don’t know much else at this time.

By the way, for our Rod “fans” , he has been posting on CC  theme cruises  asking about a KISS cruise he wants to take his wife on. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me, wanting to go on a cruise on one of those floating garbage cans owned by those greedy, self centred money,  hungry cruise lines that do nothing except pollute and destroy Mother Earth.......when it suits EH! Bet he doesn’t mention what Royal are doing for the fire fighters and such.. etc

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Spectrum will be arriving  in Sydney on the 29th Feb and will be berthing at the OPT in the afternoon after the Ovation sails. It will be arriving” passenger less “ Don’t know much else at this time.

By the way, for our Rod “fans” , he has been posting on CC  theme cruises  asking about a KISS cruise he wants to take his wife on. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me, wanting to go on a cruise on one of those floating garbage cans owned by those greedy, self centred money,  hungry cruise lines that do nothing except pollute and destroy Mother Earth.......when it suits EH! Bet he doesn’t mention what Royal are doing for the fire fighters and such.. etc

So he’s still active,though we go rid of him.

Come on graham you miss him don’t you?

fishie rod bobbed up on book of faces posting under another name - from the poor grammar, sentence structure and content it was definitely him. He was lampooning big bad RC on a RC cruisers page over the Port Botany proposal, got smashed from all sides & then zap, the whole thread was gone into the ether.

BOT, it will be interesting to see how the Spectrum story develops. I hope that several thousand emergency workers & their families get a nice little cruise.

21 minutes ago, mr walker said:

fishie rod bobbed up on book of faces posting under another name - from the poor grammar, sentence structure and content it was definitely him. He was lampooning big bad RC on a RC cruisers page over the Port Botany proposal, got smashed from all sides & then zap, the whole thread was gone into the ether.

BOT, it will be interesting to see how the Spectrum story develops. I hope that several thousand emergency workers & their families get a nice little cruise.

Unfortunately it does seem pretty short notice to get 4000 odd people to be able to go on a cruise and to what destination. At a quick glance it looks as though the 7th March is the first available date for a return unless of course they double up again but that can only really  work for just an embark or debark but not both....watch this space I guess.

No comment on the other topic.

Edited by gbenjo

Yes, the logistics would look to be quite difficult. Most people are booked months/years ahead & have been planning for some time. How they can gather the people & get them organized is hard to imagine. Not everyone has a passport for instance. Maybe a domestic cruise, calling at some ports impacted by the fires? Although I think most of them would have seen enough burnt land to last a long time.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Spectrum will be arriving  in Sydney on the 29th Feb and will be berthing at the OPT in the afternoon after the Ovation sails. It will be arriving” passenger less “ Don’t know much else at this time

Thank You for the update gbenjo 🙂

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Unfortunately it does seem pretty short notice to get 4000 odd people to be able to go on a cruise and to what destination. At a quick glance it looks as though the 7th March is the first available date for a return unless of course they double up again but that can only really  work for just an embark or debark but not both....watch this space I guess.

No comment on the other topic.

That’s going to be a big day for you graham.

My guess is they will pick up news crews in Brisbane and two quantum class passing in the harbour.

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s going to be a big day for you graham.

My guess is they will pick up news crews in Brisbane and two quantum class passing in the harbour.

It’s ok..I get paid by the hour 🤑🤑🤑🤑

Why would they be stopping in Brisbane??   No pax on board and plenty of news crews ( unfortunately) in Sydney

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Yes, the logistics would look to be quite difficult. Most people are booked months/years ahead & have been planning for some time. How they can gather the people & get them organized is hard to imagine. Not everyone has a passport for instance. Maybe a domestic cruise, calling at some ports impacted by the fires? Although I think most of them would have seen enough burnt land to last a long time.

I suspect that the cruise will be a 3 day cruise to nowhere - out of Sydney!!!

46 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

It’s ok..I get paid by the hour 🤑🤑🤑🤑

Why would they be stopping in Brisbane??   No pax on board and plenty of news crews ( unfortunately) in Sydney

Marine traffic said it left the Philippines today bound for Brisbane on the 27th.

The only thing I can think it’s going to Brisbane for is publicity.

Any thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Marine traffic said it left the Philippines today bound for Brisbane on the 27th.

The only thing I can think it’s going to Brisbane for is publicity.

Any thoughts?

Checking out it’s future new homeport ??  Where would it berth ..I think the grain terminal would be too small and the new terminal is not ready yet.
No idea really.

54 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Checking out it’s future new homeport ??  Where would it berth ..I think the grain terminal would be too small and the new terminal is not ready yet.
No idea really.

54 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

No idea really.

Ovation has been to Brisbane a couple of times 

On 2/16/2020 at 11:02 AM, BuzzBuzzen said:

Great PR for the line and it gets their ships out of Asia.