Rome Transport-NCC Airport or Rome Shuttle Limousines?

Travel To Be Free

Do you mean romashuttle.com?

I have used them a few times and have recommended them to other family members who've used them. Never had any problems.

Do be careful when looking at recommendations as a lot of shuttle and driver services have VERY similar names -- some may be good and some not so good -- hence the importance of being sure you have the right name.

We have booked NCC Airport shuttle from Rome to the port for our May cruise. Obviously, I can't tell you how the service is yet, but they come very highly rated. We've even switched hotels twice, which involved messaging NCC to let them know of our new pick-up locations. Their responses have been extremely quick and professional. A shared shuttle from central Rome to the port is 70 euro.

We also plan to have them pick us up at the airport when we arrive but our air arrangements have yet to be finalized, so we haven't reserved pick-up yet. Cost of airport pick-up to central Rome is 50 euro. 

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

We also plan to have them pick us up at the airport when we arrive but our air arrangements have yet to be finalized, so we haven't reserved pick-up yet. Cost of airport pick-up to central Rome is 50 euro. 

Taxis from FCO to any hotel in the central Rome area have a fixed fare of 48 euro, just FYI.

16 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Taxis from FCO to any hotel in the central Rome area have a fixed fare of 48 euro, just FYI.

Yes, I understand that. However, we like the idea of having our own designated driver waiting for us at the airport instead of "the luck of the draw" not knowing who we will get. I think it is worth an extra two euro. I guess we'll see...

9 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Yes, I understand that. However, we like the idea of having our own designated driver waiting for us at the airport instead of "the luck of the draw" not knowing who we will get. I think it is worth an extra two euro. I guess we'll see...

Sure, the difference in cost is minor.  Just wanted to put it out there so others were aware also. 

I've used taxis from FCO into Rome since the fixed fare -- never had any problem and the taxis are closer to the terminal than the private cars can get.

22 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sure, the difference in cost is minor.  Just wanted to put it out there so others were aware also. 

I've used taxis from FCO into Rome since the fixed fare -- never had any problem and the taxis are closer to the terminal than the private cars can get.

Thanks for the feedback. We are still in the process of finalizing our flights so we may end up taking a "regular" cab instead. But it's nice to know we have options, if we decide to go that route.

By the way, I enjoy reading your previous posts...they have been very influential in helping us decide where to stay, things to see and do, etc.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2020 at 3:00 PM, cruisemom42 said:

SUPPOSED TO BE a fixed fare...However, one time, going from a hotel in Central Rome to FCO, we had our hotel call us a cab...Hotel clerk assured us it was a fixed fare to FCO...Yet, when we got to FCO, the cabbie tried to hold us up for more money...started telling us that the fixed fare had some "exceptions"...It was NOT a pleasant situation.

This coming July, we've arranged with NCC for a shared shuttle from the ship to our hotel (€70) and a private shuttle from our hotel to FCO (€45)...The folks at NCC are very good and prompt.  We used them once before in a very different situation...They picked us up at the ship one time and took a party of 8 on a tour of Rome for the day, then dropped off one couple at a hotel and took the other three back to the ship for the second of back-to-back cruises.  We were very pleased.

I always confirm with the taxi before getting in that I want the “tariffa fissa” (fixed fare).

Curious how long ago this was. Taxi service in Rome has vastly improved in the last 2-3 years. I’ve found far fewer attempts to overcharge in the official cabs.

Also if they call a taxi to your hotel you do get charged for the travel to get to you, which is another good reason to stay near one.

• Like 1

New to all this and going on our first time (cruise) in Europe.   I’m a little confused (ok, a lot) how do we get from the Rome airport to a hotel near the Civitavecchia cruise port?  Would that be booking a private driver or shuttle or ?

Been trying to read stuff & so overwhelming. 

Thank you for any help.  This is in October.

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

New to all this and going on our first time (cruise) in Europe.   I’m a little confused (ok, a lot) how do we get from the Rome airport to a hotel near the Civitavecchia cruise port?  Would that be booking a private driver or shuttle or ?

Been trying to read stuff & so overwhelming. 

Thank you for any help.  This is in October.

The options are discussed here frequently. Private car, bus, train are all options. Taxi is also, but it is likely the most expensive.

31 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The options are discussed here frequently. Private car, bus, train are all options. Taxi is also, but it is likely the most expensive.

Yes and I have looked.  There seems to be many private car type companies and I was hoping to hear from people that have used it and name of company that are trustworthy.  

I even spoke with my sister in law who was stiffed  by one of the companies so I certainly won’t use them.

Your frequent posts jumping on people is getting tiring.  Some don’t bother looking but I have tried and was simply asking for a bit of help being brand new to going to Europe.   The only thing I forgot was I have difficulty walking far so train/bus would not be ideal.

• Like 1

There is a huge thread just down the board full of recommendations for the wonder Rome in Limo. We have used them 8 times, and will use them twice this coming May.

Not knowing all your particular needs or concerns is one reason I commonly suggest some research, before asking such a broad question.

22 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Yes and I have looked.  There seems to be many private car type companies and I was hoping to hear from people that have used it and name of company that are trustworthy.  

Is there a reason you want to stay in CIVI instead of Rome ?  Might be easier to overnight by the airport and take one of the 2 shuttles already noted in this thread. 

12 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

Is there a reason you want to stay in CIVI instead of Rome ?  Might be easier to overnight by the airport and take one of the 2 shuttles already noted in this thread. 

We are starting in Rome for a few days then going to Venice to get on the N.Amsterdam.  That cruise ends in Barcelona so we are flying back to Rome and want to go directly to a hotel in Civitavecchia for 2 nights prior to boarding the N.Statendam for the transatlantic.  

Your suggestion is a good idea-we may end up doing that depending on the time of our flight from Barcelona to Rome.  Thank you.