Favorite nail polish?

sydbarrett

Just curious, what is your favorite vacation nail polish brand and colour? For those do-it-yourselfers! I just picked up two and I'm really impressed with the colour and durability! I use the Essie good to go top coat but would be interested in trying something new!

China Glaze Salsa

Image result for china glaze salsa

China Glaze Red-y to Rave

Image result for china glaze red-y to rave

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Polishes when I don't have them done professionally.

Quite long lasting and much easier to remove ( especially on toe nails) than professionally baked on gel.

Sometimes do toenails myself and have fingernails done professionally .

Like to match up colours though!   So either do toenails to show at salon or take nailvarnish pot with you.

• Like 1

I’m not completely brand specific...although often pick OPI.  I love bright colors.  I don’t know that I have a favorite color...I do have a few favorites for neutral (pale milky pinks), but aside from that, anything goes!

I get a gel manicure every 2 weeks and lately I’ve been liking OPIs Spring 2020 “Mexico City” line - right now I have Telenovela Me About It.  Lol!

I get a pedicure every four weeks, and right now have Mariachi Makes My Day.

• Like 3

I normally wear CND nail polish. It lasts 2 weeks without being a gel. I’m off to get my cruise pedicure tomorrow. I’ll post a picture of my mermaid toes (sea green with marble sparkle)

• Like 1

I’ve recently started using Kiara Sky dip powder.  Four manis in and I’m getting the hang of it.  My nails grow so fast that getting acrylics was busting my budget.  We are going to Hawaii in two weeks (non cruise) and plan on mermaid green on my toes but I’m not sure for my fingers.  This is what I’m wearing now.

B7E8ED06-76CB-41D0-A74C-B5A4820F2483.jpeg

• Like 1

Revlon & Sally Hansen seem to stay the longest for me without chipping.  Most of the time I do my own.  Toenail polish can last 3 weeks with touch ups at the cuticle end as they grow.  Fingernails only one week.  Except for washing dishes exclusively in rubber gloves, my hands get a lot of use/abuse, lol.  They are the one thing that shows my age 👵.  Veiny and bony, but no age spots as I had them lasered and always wear sunscreen on them.  

I haven't yet come to the point where I'd consider getting the backs of them plumped a bit with fillers.  Yep, it's a thing... just not mine.

• Like 1

I love Kiko Milano brand for toes!! Most polish lasts pretty good on the toes...Kiko has fun colors and I love the brush.

https://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-us/it-it/make-up/mani/smalti/p-KM0040101100144

My current fave color is 028...Irridescent Blue...it's very much a deep periwinkle color:

P6283537_20180629095857747.jpg

I have also found that the very best top coat to help with chips, etc. is Seche Vite. Smells like lacquer used in wood finishing going on...LOL.

https://www.ulta.com/dry-fast-top-coat?productId=prod6051231

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

I love Kiko Milano brand for toes!! Most polish lasts pretty good on the toes...Kiko has fun colors and I love the brush.

https://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-us/it-it/make-up/mani/smalti/p-KM0040101100144

My current fave color is 028...Irridescent Blue...it's very much a deep periwinkle color:

P6283537_20180629095857747.jpg

I have also found that the very best top coat to help with chips, etc. is Seche Vite. Smells like lacquer used in wood finishing going on...LOL.

https://www.ulta.com/dry-fast-top-coat?productId=prod6051231

Oh you like Seche Vite?? I was thinking of picking up a bottle tonight actually! I haven't tried it before. I like the Essie Good to Go topcoat but I hate how skinny the brush is. I find I can't get it to glide on well and it ends up streaking my nail polish underneath.

1 hour ago, sydbarrett said:

Oh you like Seche Vite?? I was thinking of picking up a bottle tonight actually! I haven't tried it before. I like the Essie Good to Go topcoat but I hate how skinny the brush is. I find I can't get it to glide on well and it ends up streaking my nail polish underneath.

Yes I love it. The brush is a good width...not as wide as the Kiko brushes...but not skinny. So it works well for all nail sizes...Big toe to pinky. You may have to double dip to cover a big toe...but the product itself goes on well. Just don't do multiple coats. One swipe only. It seems to be a bit self leveling so if you think you may not have an even coat, don't try to correct it. Just let it go and see how it really comes out. I've never been disappointed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I usually get the color changing gel. It changes very nicely when I was on an Alaskan cruise. But even for beach cruises it's nice to touch my margarita or pina colada and watch my nails change.

Sent from my Galaxy S10e using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm really hard on my nails - banging on keyboards all day long, lugging skis for guests, a bunch of other stuff.  My nails don't last long in the Winter, polish or not.  Even in Summer, polish may last maybe a couple of days before I chip it.  I DIY - my only time I paid for a good manicure and gel polish (before a trip), a big chunk of the polish came off the second day (I glued it back on!!!)

When I do attempt to polish, I use OPI.  If nothing else, I love the names.  Until this year, my polish had to be a neutral color due to work grooming standards.  Now, I can do what I want.  I'll have to make a trip down the mountain to Sephora and see what I find (no Ulta - closest one is Denver or Las Vegas).  I might want a "camo green" type of color to go with my summer camping!!!  Any suggestions?

A good nail tech is worth their weight in gold IMO. I've been going to the same salon for 15 years, but have stuck to the same nail tech for 1.5 years. He's really good at picking colors that look good on my skin tone, so I let him pick the color and it's always amazing. Right now I'm wearing a DND nail lacquer in a light pink (I think the color is Ribbon Chiffon, but can't find it online now), plus a clear coat of "Mermaid" by Cre8tion which makes them have a very subtle sparkle, almost like diamond dust. I'm going to wear a bolder color on my toes for our upcoming cruise with Mermaid over the top (sparkly toes for Hawaii), and do a French manicure so they look fresh and classic and grow out well.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:41 PM, ninjacat123 said:

My go-to color has been OPI Cajun Shrimp for at least 8 years! If OPI ever discontinues it, I'm in trouble😲

IMG_2020.jpg

Love Cajun Shrimp! for me it always says - I'm going on vacation!  Our last cruise I decided to do dipped nails, and it lasted a good week after our 11 day cruise!  sadly, I couldn't get my favorite OPI color.  I ended up with an irridecent apricot color.  Very pretty, but not much fun.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is Sally Hansen the one with a bitty diamond set on the front?  That's a moderately-priced product and my go-to.  Just did my toes last night in my favorite:  Red Velvet.  It's a lovely deep red and looks great either plain or with a multi-colored glitter overlay.  

Static (sold online) is the only polish that doesn’t chip for me and lasts at least a week. It’s expensive online (IMO) but I’ve found nice sample packs at TJMaxx at a very low price and buy them all up when I see them. 

On 8/18/2022 at 8:32 AM, SchoolNurseMom said:

I'm loving the Color street polish strips. Lots of fun patterns to choose from. I bought some that have flowers and flamingos on them for my September ABC cruise. 

I tried them when I was working but as a librarian, it was rough on them.

Now that I am retired, I LOVE them. Last set lasted very well for 2 weeks.

I do put a coat of clear over them & occasionally file out a small chip.

Nice to just pay for a pedi & do the mani myself.