Drink package Balmoral

bill & jac

It only costs that much on cruises of five nights or less. Normally it is £19 per person per day. I really doubt anybody could get value out of the package at that price. You would need to drink a lot and then some more! Here is the link to what is included https://www.fredolsencruises.com/cruising-information/drinks-upgrade. It doesn’t include cocktails, just makes them half-price.

Where the package fails, imo, is you cannot pay for one person only in the cabin, you have to pay for 2. My wife doesn't drink and there is no way I can drink £38 a day even at ship prices, which are not too high. I really cannot see the problem with only one drinker per cabin, I couldn't buy a drink for anyone else on my drinks package card, staff, quite rightly, wouldn't allow it. Come on Fred, allow us single drinkers one package per cabin.

Edited by ovccruiser

Be aware the drinks pack does not include hot drinks from the bars - though there is a 24 hour servery if you want to collect a drink from there.  A plus which we discovered on our recent cruise is that the pack now includes a cocktail of the day and a non alcoholic cocktail of the day.  I agree £35pp is excessive and even £19 pp is pushing it for us, so we do not normally have it unless it is included in in the purchase deal for the cruise as a free AI option.