Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
yvrbos

What to do on disembarkation day?

Recommended Posts

I will be sailing aboard the Summit of January 2021 and I am trying to figure out what to do? Our flights will be late so we have some time until about 3pm. What have people done? We will be doing Old San Juan pre-cruise. What did you do with your baggage? 

 

Will the ship’s excursions take you with your luggage to the airport after?

 

We like beaches, history, but not that much walking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually we are going on the Summit in a few weeks and just booked the El Yungue Rain Forest Ride with AIrport Drop off.  There were 4 different excursions with airport drop off including the Bacardi Rum Factory and one through Old San Juan.      

 

Since we are going to San Juan for two nights pre-cruise and this particular excursion was highly recommended by a friend, we booked it only 2 days ago     

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Actually we are going on the Summit in a few weeks and just booked the El Yungue Rain Forest Ride with AIrport Drop off.  There were 4 different excursions with airport drop off including the Bacardi Rum Factory and one through Old San Juan.      

 

Since we are going to San Juan for two nights pre-cruise and this particular excursion was highly recommended by a friend, we booked it only 2 days ago     

 

 

I really want to do the El Yunque with airport transfer excursion but it says only for flights 3:30pm or later...ours is 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sydbarrett said:

I really want to do the El Yunque with airport transfer excursion but it says only for flights 3:30pm or later...ours is 3.

 

It may be worth a call to Celebrity.  Our confirmation says the excursion is from 8:15 - 12:45.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mimiya11 said:

 

It may be worth a call to Celebrity.  Our confirmation says the excursion is from 8:15 - 12:45.   

I will , thank you! If they have you back at the airport at 12:45 that is plenty of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

 

It may be worth a call to Celebrity.  Our confirmation says the excursion is from 8:15 - 12:45.   

I called and the rep who was not very certain at all, told me they do arrive at the airport at 12:45. I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from her lol. I think I will book it though. That will get me there more than 2 hours early and I wouldn't go earlier than that if I were traveling on my own.

 

Do you know if this is a muddy tour? Wondering about footwear now. Thank you!

Edited by sydbarrett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sydbarrett said:

I called and the rep who was not very certain at all, told me they do arrive at the airport at 12:45. I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from her lol. I think I will book it though. That will get me there more than 2 hours early and I wouldn't go earlier than that if I were traveling on my own.

 

Do you know if this is a muddy tour? Wondering about footwear now. Thank you!

Thats great.     I cut and pasted info on the shore excursion below.    There is also a short you tube video showing a small glimpse into the walking.  

Celebrity webiste says: 

What To Bring

  • SeaPass card and photo identification
  • Camera
  • Sun protection
  • Cash/credit cards
  • Insect repellent   

What To Wear

  • Walking shoes
  • Hat and sunglasses
  • Light clothing

Reading the description sounds like varied terrain and a bit of physical energy going up and down slight inclines.  Closed toes for sure!  Insect repellent too!  It is a rainforest after all.   But you have lots of time.  Promise to post again once we return to give you more specifics.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Marriott in Isle Verde will sell you a day pass and you have use of the pools, beach, loungers, showers, food & drink, etc.  They will store your luggage till you are ready to go and the airport is only 5 min away.  Last time on the Summit we did a trip to the Bacardi Rum factory through Celebrity.  It was really fun and our luggage went on a separate bus to the airport and was waiting for us when we got there.  Our flight was around 3pm.  Enjoy your cruise and don't waste time sitting in the airport!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...