MasterCard cannot be saved for future use?

CaliJohn

Viking responded that MasterCard did not meet the regulatory (?) requirements apparently needed by the new Viking website and therefore cannot be used as a "stored" card. I was advised I can use another card to store on the website and switch to the MasterCard once I'm onboard. Nice of them to tell me what credit card I can use, and I don't relish the thought of having to change cards mid-cruise base on previous billing miscues I've experienced. 

Why this new website couldn't wait for MasterCard to meet this requirement, and why I as a MasterCard user was selected/forced to transition is a mystery. They obviously knew I had a MasterCard saved to my account and chose to inconvenience me anyway. And of course I was never advised this occurred and my card was unknowingly removed until I attempted to pay for my excursions. 

In my career as an IT Sr. Project Mgr. I was involved with numerous customer service relationship application website implementation projects and this type of rollout failure is unbelievably amateurish. 

MasterCard users beware...

Edited by CaliJohn
content

Thank you, John!!!  You have just confirmed that my choice not to store any card is the right one.  I know Viking asks for our card in advance of sailing but they do it as a convenience not as a requirement and I have always opted not to give the information in advance. It is just as easy to present a card at check in --and it is one less website I have to worry about being hacked. 

• Like 3