Avacados

twinzzz

Does anyone know if I can purchase avacados somewhere near (within walking distance)the Old San Juan pier?

When we were there last year we had the best avacados (and bananas) from a man selling fruit in Plaza De Armas while we enjoyed our morning coffee from Cafe Cuatro Estaciones. 
  Unfortunately, we don’t arrive early enough this year before our cruise to get some from there again. 

Thanks. 

Plaza de Armas is for me within walking distance from the pier and if you can't get there I don't see how you'll have time to eat it. You can't take it on the ship.

They do have delicious avocados so will be taking some home!

You are correct, it isn’t that far for most people, however I have to walk with a cane which means I don’t walk as fast (especially after a 5 hour flight) as some people which is why I’m looking for somewhere closer to the pier. 
 I have no plans to take them on the ship. 

There isn't a reliable place to buy them close to the ship. When avocados are plentiful some places where the owner or employee has an abundance, you can find them in lots of stores, but I don't think I've seen them in any store near the pier. You may be able to get the free golf cart to take you to the grocery store in Old San Juan. We used it a few times when I was last there. If you Google golf cart transportation Old San Juan it should come up. I can't remember the name of it but it has a website.

16 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Plaza de Armas is for me within walking distance from the pier and if you can't get there I don't see how you'll have time to eat it. You can't take it on the ship.

They do have delicious avocados so will be taking some home!

I'm not sure where "home is", but if you have to fly, how are you going to get them past the agricultural check-point at the airport?  They are strict about this, they made me open my bag last month as they thought I had an orange in my bag. It was an ornament, just shaped round like an orange.