CASTAWAY CAY CABANAS

buckeye rob

7 minutes ago, buckeye rob said:

Looking at Castaway Cay Cabanas for a July 13th 4 day cruise.  If available can one choose which ones and are some advantageous over others ?  Location, beachfront, restrooms, buffet, etc. ?  Regards, Gerry.  

When you do your activities bookings, if there are any available Cabanas, it will show which specific ones are available.

"Advantageous" would depend on what you want.  Some are closer to the food location, others the restrooms, while others are more "remote".

When you do your activities bookings, if there are any available Cabanas, it will show which specific ones are available.

"Advantageous" would depend on what you want.  Some are closer to the food location, others the restrooms, while others are more "remote".

Are you staying in concierge ? Are you platinum castaway club member? If you aren’t you have zero chance at a cabana.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

13 hours ago, sandheichert said:

Are you staying in concierge ? Are you platinum castaway club member? If you aren’t you have zero chance at a cabana.

Not totally true.  Yes, most (if not all) the cabanas are booked fairly quickly, there are times when someone will cancel.  The idea is to keep checking the activities page to catch them when they open up.

On 2/17/2020 at 11:56 PM, sandheichert said:

Not necessarily so.  You won't get one on your initial booking date, but people give up cabana reservations fairly often....they look at other uses for that money or whatever.  The key is to keep checking on line and grab one if it opens up.  

We just returned from a cruise on the Fantasy in Concierge and had a Cabana on Castaway Cay. I booked the Cabana as soon as it was available and we were assigned #6 (Family cabana). It was great! It was in the middle of the beach for the cabanas and had a lot of vegetation around it so it felt very private. The cabanas at the far end (#12-21) had little vegetation between them.

We were halfway between the bathroom(next to #15) and the food (next to #1). Cabanas #1&2 are close to the busier family beach so not as private.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!😀

8 hours ago, buckeye rob said:

Yes we have 2 Concierge suites.  Thanks for the info. Gerry 

You might want to look into getting the family cabana if possible.  The Grand is #21 and is at the far end of the family beach.  SUPER tranquil.  We've had it on our last 3 trips to Castaway Cay and lovingly call it the 'double wide'.  It's the size of two regular cabanas.

If y'all want to be closer to the action, I'd go with one of the lower #'s and request 2 side by side.  The lower the #, the closer you are to Cookies (the bbq lunch buffet), the bars (if you don't want to wait to have your drinks brought to you) and some of the water activities.

If you want to be right by the bathrooms but not quite SO close to things, #16 is where is where one set of bathroom is located.

All family cabanas (even #21) are in easy walking distance from the 'hub' of activity.

Thank you all for the great info.  We are getting just one Cabana for the 6 of us.  Was thinking of 6 thru 11 and sounds just like what we want. Do 7-8-9 have similar "privacy" vegetation ?  With the little ones didn't want to be too far from the restrooms, nor too close.  I believe our booking opens middle of next month.  Regards, Gerry.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, buckeye rob said:

Thank you all for the great info.  We are getting just one Cabana for the 6 of us.  Was thinking of 6 thru 11 and sounds just like what we want. Do 7-8-9 have similar "privacy" vegetation ?  With the little ones didn't want to be too far from the restrooms, nor too close.  I believe our booking opens middle of next month.  Regards, Gerry.

Oh another thing I would recommend.  When you send your email to Shoreside concierge, do so RIGHT at midnight EST on your booking day.  The sooner you send it, the better the chance of you getting the exact cabana you want.  Shoreside puts in the requests in the order in which they were received.

We usually have our email ready to go so that all I have to do is hit send the minute the clock changes to midnight EST.  We've yet to find ourselves disappointed.

They usually email shortly before your 125 day window opens.  I think I got my email about a week before.  They are pretty good about emailing.  I have yet to NOT hear from Shoreside. 

If for some reason you do not hear from them before your 125 window opens, you can email them here: dcl.concierge.services@disneycruise.com.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, buckeye rob said:

Do we get billed immediately upon a cabana reservation and able to pay in advance or is it added to our onboard account to be settled upon disembarkation ?

It is added to your onboard account and settled upon disembarkation.  We've also been able to split it between cabins if we were sharing with another family.  Just talk to guest services or concierge (if you are traveling in a concierge cabin) and they should be able to arrange it.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, Tasm3n said:

Oh another thing I would recommend.  When you send your email to Shoreside concierge, do so RIGHT at midnight EST on your booking day.  The sooner you send it, the better the chance of you getting the exact cabana you want.  Shoreside puts in the requests in the order in which they were received.

We usually have our email ready to go so that all I have to do is hit send the minute the clock changes to midnight EST.  We've yet to find ourselves disappointed.

Thanks a lot.  Was able to get Cabana 7.  Our first choice. Very pleased.  Regards, Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob