Excursion Help

Travel-Diva

Hi.. We will be taking a Southern cruise out of Puerto Rico.  The ports of call are St. Kitts, Bonaire, Aruba and St Maarten.  We will be traveling with 4 adults and 2 children ages 9 and 10.  What and who would you recommend for excursions?  
Thank you all! 

Get a guidebook...or google each port.  You will find what the attractions are in each place, and decide that way.  You are unlikely to spend an entire day at a beach...the sun is awfully fierce!  A couple hours is usually just the right amount.

Research is key to having a good time.  The more  you know, the better off you'll be.  And you can save money with such a large group if the things that interest you don't require a formal excursion.  Most of these ports are fairly easy to get around on your own!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went on an impromptu excursion with Happy Hoppy Tours. They are right outside the cruise terminal. I don't remember exactly how much they cost, but it was in the neighborhood of $25-30 a person. They took us to the Casabari rock formation, the natural bridge, the abandoned gold mines, the California Lighthouse, and Eagle Beach. I LOVED the tour and Aruba. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Globetrotter- It sounds like a nice tour.  Did you take your swim suit just in case you went on a beach excursion? & a towel?

Thanks,

Kathy

I realize that no one is going for awhile...but eventually we'll go.  🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 8:18 PM, Travel-Diva said:

Hi.. We will be taking a Southern cruise out of Puerto Rico.  The ports of call are St. Kitts, Bonaire, Aruba and St Maarten.  We will be traveling with 4 adults and 2 children ages 9 and 10.  What and who would you recommend for excursions?  
Thank you all! 

Your best beach bets are St. Maarten and Aruba.  However, the best snorkeling we have had to date was in St. Maarten with Capt. Alan -https://captainalan.kiwishops.nl/

The beach - https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147347-d2356032-r486571624-Great_Bay_Beach-Philipsburg_Sint_Maarten_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

St. Kitts - for a beach, Carambola Beach, or if you want an excursion, this was the best tour we have ever taken -

https://www.thenfordgreytours.com/the-grand-tour-of-st-kitts  The tour did end at a black sand beach (my first), but it was very steep and rocky getting out of the water.  But the tour was amazing.

Haven't been to Bonaire yet, and our first cruise to Aruba next June!

Bonaire, snorkeling is amazing, and we like Woodwind for their snorkeling excursion.

St. Kitts, Royston is an independent operator with an old van who will take you on an adventure, all-inclusive.

Aruba is definitely a place to go to the beach if it's your first time there.

St. Martin could also be a beach day, but has good shopping and restaurants on the Dutch side where Royal typically docks.