Suite with Panoramic Sealed Window

canrubu

Hello Cruisers, 

We are new to MSC and currently have an aft balcony booked on a 12 night on the Splendida . We just got an upgrade offer for a forward suite. The minimum bid is $200 pp. I looked thru the threads but didn't find any information. Anybody stayed in these rooms? What did you think? We have been on lots of Royal sailing and I have seen their forwards but they are only outsides and not suites. Thanks so much for your help. Candy 

An "upgrade" to one of those cabins is in reality a downgrade from any balcony, even the aft ones on deck 13 with Juliette balcony and the mid ship smaller two person ones.  They are high end ocean view cabins with a hefty price that MSC can barely book and they are always left unsold near sail date.  Also remember the Aurea and associated suite perks do not come with upgrade bids.  Definitely keep the balcony, especially if its aft facing.

• Like 1

There should be 3 forward suites on deck 12.  IF the 12001 or 12003 are available and IF they are Yacht Club THEN you can book.  These suites are wonderful.  They are bigger than the Royal Suite in the YC and they have the best bathrooms onboard the ship...big walk-in shower and double vanity.  Contrary to what you read, these suites are true suites with two rooms, dressing and makeup areas,  plenty of closet space and two safes.  Contrary to what you hear, having a balcony is not the be-all-end-all.  I would take one of these suites over any balcony in the YC.  Remember...They must be Yacht Club in order to be worth the upgrade.  Even though they are not in the YC proper they are great value if they are connected to the YC.  You WILL receive the YC upgrade benefits if you are listed as YC.  

If the upgrade is Aurea then you will not receive the Aurea benefits.  IMO...the forward two room suite is still a wonderful alternative.  IMO...12001 is the best suite as it does not have the connecting door to the 12002 middle suite.  

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

The $200pp (Aurea) Suite with panoramic sealed window upgrades the OP is talking about are for the forward facing center cabins on decks nine through eleven.  The Yacht Club Executive & Family suites on deck twelve are clearly marked as such in the bidding system and are way more per person to bid on.  Additionally, you can't choose your cabin with the bidding system.

Edited by Até

Does anyone else find it odd that you dont get the Aurea experience with that bid upgrade but you do get the YC experience with that bid upgrade.  I like where I am and have no plans to upgrade at this time but this just seems strange every time I read it.  If its about money you'd think they would offer two possible Aurea upgrade, one with and one without the experience.

8 hours ago, aprilF said:

Does anyone else find it odd that you dont get the Aurea experience with that bid upgrade but you do get the YC experience with that bid upgrade.  I like where I am and have no plans to upgrade at this time but this just seems strange every time I read it.  If its about money you'd think they would offer two possible Aurea upgrade, one with and one without the experience.

No, it's not odd.  Once you are in Yacht Club, everything is included.  It's a whole ship within a ship.  It would not be possible for them to upgrade you to YC without giving you all the associated benefits.

Bid $65/person for an 'upgrade' from a balcony to cabin 11005 (Aurea suite with sealed panoramic window) and got it almost immediately after bidding. Views were amazing, tub in bathroom was great as was the huge walk-in closet. It was worth the upgrade price, but I really did miss the balcony and the walk to the front of the ship was quite long especially at the end of a busy day. It was only for 3 nights... probably wouldn't do it for a 7 night cruise.

Edited by echick
dupe

Thank you so much everyone, for all the replies. Since this is a 12 day cruise and our first MSC experience, we have decided to stick with the balcony. We want to give it the full experience and since we always stay in a balcony with Royal, an outside suite wouldn't be the same. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, echick said:

Yes, there is, but we didn’t feel it detracted from the great view! ☺️

76FBD4F8-7AE4-4C35-9C6F-F5D3649B82D1.jpeg

We are in a similar cabin on Preziosa next December.

It may be a stupid question 😁 but is it a walkway past the window or is it closed off?

I don't want to scare anyone when opening the curtains in the morning.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, echick said:

Not a stupid question at all! It is blocked off so no one can walk by! That would be really weird if someone did, huh? 🤣

Weird for them ha ha.

Thanks for the reply 😉👍

3 hours ago, rool said:

We are in a similar cabin on Preziosa next December.

It may be a stupid question 😁 but is it a walkway past the window or is it closed off?

I don't want to scare anyone when opening the curtains in the morning.

Thanks

The only time you might see anyone on the walkway is when they wash the windows.  

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE