Missing cruises?

patty1955

We're booked on the Star Breeze for the transpacific embarking from Seward on 8/25/20. I check the web page for our cruise every week to see if there have been any changes or additions to the excursions. This last weekend, our cruise disappeared from the website. The longer cruise leaving 8/13 (that includes our cruise) is still available.  The bookmark I saved now goes to the 2021 cruises. I did some checking on the website and found that the cruises from  9/10  to 12/10 are missing. 

I'm new to Windstar so I'm not aware if they have website issues. Is this likely to be a website issue? Should I call Windstar?

22 minutes ago, ducklite said:

Unfortunately it looks as if your cruise has been cancelled.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

https://windstarcruises-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/our_company/press-media/windstar-policy-2020-coronavirus.pdf

Thanks for the update. I saw the banner on the website but didn't read it since we're still 6 months out.

Well, we got the email:

Subject:                 Windstar Cruises – 2020 Asia voyages – Redeploy Notification

Due to the unfortunate situation of the Coronavirus outbreak affecting China, and the surrounding area, and out of an abundance of caution, we are making a change to the Star Breeze ship deployment and cancelling voyages for the 2020 Asia season.

Star Breeze will now have an extended season in 2020 Alaska and then the ship will sail south along the West Coast of the United States, followed by a transit to French Polynesia (Tahiti) and then the ship will enter its normal scheduled 2020 Australia / New Zealand inaugural season. The new itineraries are in the process of being deployed, and we will update our website as soon as the new itineraries are available.

In an effort to assure timely communications to all of our affected bookings, we have set up a link for you to register your receipt of this information. Please click the link below and acknowledge your receipt of this information.

Link:       

The following details are provided for your reference to guide you in how we will process the affected booking.

Booking Cancellation Process:

Our Guest Services/Reservations staff are in the process of cancelling bookings on the 2020 Asia itineraries. We will send you, via email, the booking information along with a cancellation invoice. This will take place over the next week.  Please note that we are processing cancellation in the order of departure, there is no need to call to confirm the cancellation.

Redeployment Booking Refund Policy:

Windstar is waiving its cancellation fees for all Windstar booked services including Windstar Aon Travel Protection. We will refund the guest up to 100% of all payments currently showing on the Windstar booking at the time of cancellation. Refunds will be applied to the form of payment used on the booking. This process takes 4-5 weeks for the funds to be refunded / credited.

Windstar Future Cruise Credit:

Guests affected by this 2020 Asia redeploy due to the coronavirus, will receive a $500.00 Per Person Future Cruise Credit (FCC). The FCC is valid for travel on any available future Windstar cruise sailing on or before February 28, 2022. Your FCC will be processed, after the booking, cancellation is completed, and refund is processed. It will be emailed to the email listed in the booking. This can take up to 4-weeks to complete.

Non-Windstar Air Change & Cancel Fees:

Windstar cruises will provide guests with up to a $350.00 per person ($700.00 Booking Maximum) receipt reimbursement for actual air change/cancel expenses. If you have air related change/cancel fees, please provide ‘proof of cancellation’ receipts indicating the service is cancelled and the fees assessed.  (Note: Original purchase receipts are not acceptable.) Windstar will process this as a separate reimbursement for airfare fees only and will be issued in the form of a check. This process can take up to 6-weeks to complete the process and will be separate from the Cruise Booking Refund. 

If you have air change fees, please follow this link: 

enter your expense receipt information. Complete instructions are listed on the site for your awareness.