Refunds from Oceania

stageberglaw

4 minutes ago, mcgilldj said:

What does this do to the world cruise?  We are on the June 11 cruise and we have heard nothing about a cancellation.

Sorry I should have posted this also..didnt know there were any ATW cruisers here

Insignia’s Around the World voyage will operate a revised itinerary that charts a southerly course for Australia and New Zealand before heading across the South Pacific to Polynesia and Hawaii and concludes in California and New York on the original schedule. Guests that were scheduled to disembark in Singapore or Tokyo have been offered alternative arrangements that are being individually communicated. Guests sailing on the full world cruise have been provided goodwill compensation in addition to the Future Cruise Credit they received last week.

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

4 minutes ago, mcgilldj said:

What does this do to the world cruise?  We are on the June 11 cruise and we have heard nothing about a cancellation.

Well, it appears on list of cancelled tours.

I suspect you will hear in time what they will offer instead - looks like Insignia is not going the "Asian: route.

6 minutes ago, mcgilldj said:

well looks like they just announced the changes  

Call your TA 

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Well, it appears on list of cancelled tours.

I suspect you will hear in time what they will offer instead - looks like Insignia is not going the "Asian: route.

A lot of Worldies are going to be disappointed as the Japan, Russian Far East and Alaska segments were the highlights..

Me too now to find an alternative for May/June.

Edited by PaulMCO

Can the 25% credit be used for a 2020 cruise that has already been booked but not yet paid for, other then the deposit ?

Will there be any segments of the new AWC itinerary made available to those on the cancelled segments?

Edited by azdrydock

1 hour ago, clo said:

Perhaps she should put it in quotes with a link to the actual whatever.

It's hard to post a link when it may be a phone call with one of the "bosses".

Take my word for it, if you hear it from Jancruz, you can take it to the bank.😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I know I have asked this before, but how do you know this? It's almost like you are saying "take it the the bank when I say that you can take it to the bank that Jancruz said it"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Clearly this wasn't "said" to her. Too much detail. I'm not overtly criticizing her just suggesting that she give the source. Certainly she wasn't told to not repeat it or she wouldn't have.

1 minute ago, drkitkat123 said:

I know I have asked this before, but how do you know this? It's almost like you are saying "take it the the bank when I say that you can take it to the bank that Jancruz said it"

I will let Jancruz explain this, if she wishes to. But, yes, you CAN take it to the bank.😊

I've been cruising on Oceania frequently since 2006 and have learned a few things over the years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drkitkat123 said:

I'd listen to Paul when he says you should listen to Jan. 🤐

• Like 1

23 hours ago, azdrydock said:

Can the 25% credit be used for a 2020 cruise that has already been booked but not yet paid for, other then the deposit ?

Will there be any segments of the new AWC itinerary made available to those on the cancelled segments?

I would think yes to both questions

Ask your TA  if you use one  or call Oceania

When Jan posts such a detailed response, in italics, I take that as a quote from what she has seen officially. Don't question her information. As many of us have said so far, she does know what she is talking about!

Mura

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mura said:

When Jan posts such a detailed response, in italics, I take that as a quote from what she has seen officially. Don't question her information. As many of us have said so far, she does know what she is talking about!

Mura

So if I may ask how do you know this? Is is because her "insider" posts have always been accurate before or you have spoken with someone who has confirmed this or what? You don't have to tell us exactly who she is or what she does because that seems to be quite "confidential"..

3 minutes ago, drkitkat123 said:

So if I may ask how do you know this? Is is because her "insider" posts have always been accurate before or you have spoken with someone who has confirmed this or what? You don't have to tell us exactly who she is or what she does because that seems to be quite "confidential"..

I wouldn't touch that with a 6 ft pole - it's Jancruz's story to tell (or not), IMO.

Is it really not good enough for you to believe that she is well informed and trustworthy?

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 3