Refunds from Oceania

stageberglaw

4 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I wouldn't touch that with a 6 ft pole - it's Jancruz's story to tell (or not), IMO.

Is it really not good enough for you to believe that she is well informed and trustworthy?

well since I know nothing about any of you, other than the number of posts you have  submitted, I reserve the right to have a high level of skepticism until proven otherwise... I am sure you can understand that...

7 minutes ago, drkitkat123 said:

well since I know nothing about any of you, other than the number of posts you have  submitted, I reserve the right to have a high level of skepticism until proven otherwise... I am sure you can understand that...

and it would certainly be in your and her rights to say take the information or ignore it, your skepticism is your problem..

8 minutes ago, drkitkat123 said:

Mr Google is your friend

36 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I would think yes to both questions

Ask your TA  if you use one  or call Oceania

From Oceania via TA with my underline

Future Cruise Credit Terms and Conditions:

The Future Cruise Credit will be issued and added to your Oceania Club profile.  You may redeem your future cruise certificate on any Oceania Cruises voyage departing by December 31, 2020.

It is too soon to pursue the segmenting issue since the situation is fluid 

1 hour ago, Mura said:

When Jan posts such a detailed response, in italics, I take that as a quote from what she has seen officially. Don't question her information. As many of us have said so far, she does know what she is talking about!

Mura

All I was saying is put it in quotes and give the source.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:30 AM, drkitkat123 said:

if the cruise has cancelled, insurance will cover the airlines if they do not refund, I would think

Think all you want but, if you DIY'ed your airfare, that part of your claim may be a whole other issue.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:56 AM, mcgilldj said:

Where did this come from?  It is not on Oceania’s web site.

It was a preliminary email that was sent to TAs who have clients booked on the affected cruises. Our TA forwarded it to us and later also sent the TA a more specific email message to pass on to us. It carried additional details.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

(Corona-ed-by Oceania)

That is how I feel right now-we had a wonderful trip planned from Singapore to Dubai.  However better safe than stuck on a plague ship.  I think O is doing as well as it can to make things right so we are looking for another cruise this year.  However, I just read on another cruise line's page that someone who is cruising to Venice soon is worried about stopping there since Italy suddenly has many cases of Covid-19 though only 2 in Venice.  I am not surprised by spread abroad but I do wonder about this being a problem for the future of cruising if cruises have to be cancelled in a domino effect if the virus keeps spreading.  We do not cruise constantly but really enjoy ourselves every other year or so.  Incidentally, DIY airfare (we do not have insurance and not sure this would have been covered anyway) will cause us to take a hit while BIL gets a pass because they were going through China that got cancelled by the airline.  I am happy about what was covered and what could be cancelled.  We will cruise again and hope not to be "Corona-ed". 

On my opera list today I saw that many concert venues in Italy are closing, at least temporarily.  La Scala (Milan) has, but La Fenice (Venice) has not.  At least for now.  (This was earlier today so I don't know if these facts are still pertinent!)

There are increasing cases in Italy and the government is suggesting that people not go "out" or congregate with large groups.

Mura

P.S.  I just saw this update from the NY Times posted about an hour ago:

Italy Battles to Contain Europe’s First Major Outbreak of Coronavirus

The country announced nearly 150 cases, many in the densely populated region around Milan, as officials closed schools and canceled Venice’s carnival celebrations.

Edited by Mura

On 2/21/2020 at 8:58 AM, drkitkat123 said:

FWIW: Those of us who know Jan can attest to the fact that her information regarding Oceania policies/procedures/modifications/etc. often comes from the upper echelons of Oceania management.

Of course, even the CEO may not yet be aware of decisions made by trusted delegates. Nonetheless, Jan's info is often a good anchor from which to delve into our further research.

• Like 1

As sometimes happens, VERY specific threads (I.e., Oceania Refunds) start going astray with truly unrelated comments muddying the citations that will assist those of us on the affected cruises. 

Whether it's the often worthwhile (yet unrelated in this case) observations of Oceania old timers like Mura or the incessant "need to comment on everything" posts of a handful of "looky-loos" with little to no "stock in the game,"  this is not the thread for musings or innocuous commentary.

Those of us with one or more of the affected Nautica/Insignia Asia cruises need this thread to share information directly related to our refunds and FCCs. And, if we have e-mail notifications turned on, getting all those useless reminders uses up our data and time, which is a particular PITA if you're on the ship right now.

There are plenty of other generic threads to play with. PLEASE, let's keep this thread on topic!

37 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

FWIW: Those of us who know Jan can attest to the fact that her information regarding Oceania policies/procedures/modifications/etc. often comes from the upper echelons of Oceania management.

Of course, even the CEO may not yet be aware of decisions made by trusted delegates. Nonetheless, Jan's info is often a good anchor from which to delve into our further research.

Why doesn't "Jan" speak up and give her connection to TPTB? It just seems weird.

8 hours ago, clo said:

Why doesn't "Jan" speak up and give her connection to TPTB? It just seems weird.

You can do a search, there is lots of history on CC.

For those interested -- since this IS A REFUND thread... this is the cancellation email received.   I plan on testing the $300 change fee refund.  I have at least 1 from Virgin (for Hong Kong) plus additional from United.

Important Information

Regarding Your Reservation

Dear Valued Guests,

We are very sorry to inform you that your Insignia voyage scheduled to depart on May 24, 2020 has been cancelled.

Out of an abundance of caution and as a result of the uncertainty surrounding port entry and berthing availability in various destinations in Asia, Oceania Cruises has made the prudent decision to cancel all voyages in Asia through June 2020. Our commitment to the safety and well-being of our guests and crew is uncompromising and always our number one priority.

All guests will receive a 100% refund of their cruise fare paid along with any other ancillary items purchased from Oceania Cruises such as air, transfers, pre- or post-cruise packages, shore excursions and visas.  To thank you for your understanding, you will also receive a 25% Future Cruise Credit of the cruise fare paid, good for any Oceania Cruises voyage embarking by December 31, 2020.

Oceania Cruises will also reimburse change fees for independent air arrangements up to US$300 per guest, upon receipt of documentation for the changes. Any other travel related expenses that you may have incurred should be submitted as a claim to your travel insurance carrier. Please email SpecialServices@OceaniaCruises.com with any questions or back-up documents for refund of airline change fees.

Should you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or Oceania Cruises at:

United States and Canada 855 623 2642

United Kingdom and Europe 0345 505 1920

Australia 1300 355 200

New Zealand 0800 625 691

Singapore +65 31 651 677 / Malaysia +60 3-30992292 / India +91 22-71279118 / Taiwan +886 2-77031292 / Hong Kong and Rest of Asia +852 2165 6010 / China 400 842 8362

Future Cruise Credit Terms and Conditions:

The Future Cruise Credit will be issued and added to your Oceania Club profile.  You may redeem your future cruise certificate on any Oceania Cruises voyage departing by December 31, 2020.

We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you back aboard on an Oceania Cruises voyage in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Carlos Ortega

Vice President, Guest Services

Oceania Cruises

9 hours ago, clo said:

clo, as involved as you are on all threads Oceania, how can you not have seen her many helpful posts including a fairly recent one where she announced her retirement from whatever her position was gave her "inside info".  It never seemed weird to me.

10 hours ago, clo said:

The same  information has   been posted  by others

so let it go

No one is going to get  "a time out"  to answer your incessant questioning  about Jan

JMO

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tvmovielover said:

clo, as involved as you are on all threads Oceania, how can you not have seen her many helpful posts including a fairly recent one where she announced her retirement from whatever her position was gave her "inside info".  It never seemed weird to me.

No, I didn't see that. Care to share? I honestly don't read everything on O 🙂 

She's just a really nice lady that likes to go on cruises that has a lot of numbers on speed dial. 

Clo, I guess you never liked it when your parents told you, "because I said so" ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ORV said:

She's just a really nice lady that likes to go on cruises that has a lot of numbers on speed dial. 

It does pique one's curiosity when people say they're afraid they'll get suspended if they answer that question. Is there some connection between Cruise Critic and Oceania?

6 minutes ago, clo said:

I tried a google and didn't find anything. Why is everyone being so scaredy-cat 🙂 

They're not being a scardey cat.  They just don't want to out a source, and I wouldn't either if I knew who she was specifically.  The way things are, Jancuze can participate as she sees fit, without the anchor of an official title.  Again, I don't blame her.

As was said elsewhere, believe her or don't believe her.  You prerogative.