Sky! Feb 8-15 Trip Report & Review

MaryBethV

19 minutes ago, MKellyUtah said:

Stacy 12312

"No" to considering a change of plans.  Assuming you're thinking of virus concerns, we just plan to keep an eye on things & hope they have it isolated and under control by then.  Write a review of your September cruise to give us a preview!

Thank you for your quick reply - that is our plan too, just thought I would see how other ‘cruiser’s’ are feeling.  I will write a review - I am so looking forward to the ship and the Mediterranean.  
I hope you enjoy your cruise as well!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MKellyUtah said:

To Stacy 12312:

We're doing a 7 day Eastern Caribbean itinerary in late November.

To: MaryBeth V: Didn't mean to hijack your thread ... carry on with your great review!

Agreed - I couldn’t wait for

MaryBeth V next installment.  I didn’t want it to end!    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stacy12312 said:

Thank you for your quick reply - that is our plan too, just thought I would see how other ‘cruiser’s’ are feeling.  I will write a review - I am so looking forward to the ship and the Mediterranean.  
I hope you enjoy your cruise as well!  

I hope that by then these concerns will be in the past for you. I know we have a little concern over our cruise in 5 weeks. We will do the same precautions as normal (take Airborne & pro-biotics, bring medical-grade peroxide wipes, wash hands often), but we also plan on bringing extra medications and are still thinking things through.

Looking forward to your review from your Mediterranean cruise! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaryBethV said:

I hope that by then these concerns will be in the past for you. I know we have a little concern over our cruise in 5 weeks. We will do the same precautions as normal (take Airborne & pro-biotics, bring medical-grade peroxide wipes, wash hands often), but we also plan on bringing extra medications and are still thinking things through.

Looking forward to your review from your Mediterranean cruise! 

Thank you!  I’m jealous your off to the carribean again!  How did your in-laws enjoy their first cruise?  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stacy12312 said:

Thank you!  I’m jealous your off to the carribean again!  How did your in-laws enjoy their first cruise?  

Believe me - two cruises this close together is not normal for us. I'm already freaking out a bit that I haven't even started packing for the next one! However a calm cruise to enjoy some time with my in-laws and a teenager-fun-Spring-Break cruise just HAD TO BE two different cruises. If we tried to make them both into one cruise it would have spelled disaster. Or, I would have needed the drink package. 😂 My in-laws loved the cruise. My MIL especially has never been on a vacation where she didn't do all the meal planning, cooking, etc. I was worried that she wouldn't relax, but I shouldn't have. She was relaxed by day 2! I'm hoping they will do this again together.

10 hours ago, ckb104 said:

Are those $3 Bailey's in a souvenir glass just a Sky Princess thing or can you get those on any ship?

I'm pretty sure they were offered on the Regal last year, though we didn't get one then. They aren't ship-specific, so hopefully they will be on your next cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Rusty10 said:

Great review, beautiful photos. Thank you for posting!  Your photos will look lovely in a lay flat photo book!

Designing that is my goal for this weekend! I'll try to remember to come back to this post and show some photos of how it turns out. 

• Like 2

I think that you mentioned above that you'd like to try La Mer next time.  We're no foodies, but we truly enjoyed the experience.  I don't want to pump it up so you won't have high expectations, but we're not "french" food lovers but found EVERYTHING we ordered quite tasty.  We'll be sailing Sky next February and we'll be dining at La Mer again.  And this is coming from a steak lover (I had the sea bass... mmmmm.)  

• Like 2

Just curious about what kind of post production work you do on your photos? What software do you use?  We got back a week ago and I need to jump into the PhotoSweatShop and get things going!

Very nice images!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

I think that you mentioned above that you'd like to try La Mer next time.  We're no foodies, but we truly enjoyed the experience.  I don't want to pump it up so you won't have high expectations, but we're not "french" food lovers but found EVERYTHING we ordered quite tasty.  We'll be sailing Sky next February and we'll be dining at La Mer again.  And this is coming from a steak lover (I had the sea bass... mmmmm.)  

We do want to try Sur La Mer this next time! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Did you eat outdoors?

12 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

Just curious about what kind of post production work you do on your photos? What software do you use?  We got back a week ago and I need to jump into the PhotoSweatShop and get things going!

Very nice images!

iPhone photos: I either edit them right on my phone and then save them to my computer to sort OR I import them into Photoshop and bump the contrast and saturation a little, when needed. 
Canon photos: These all need some processing in Photoshop as they are shot in Raw+jpg
All photos: I really try to take them as I want them (saves tons of time!) but some do need cropping which can be done directly on the iPhone or in Photoshop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaryBethV said:

We do want to try Sur La Mer this next time! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Did you eat outdoors?

We did not.  And actually the sounds from the Piazza weren't an issue.  For us, the ambiance of indoors (though not spectacular) seemed better than the outside tables.  Though, the way we were seated, I was looking outdoors while my spouse was looking inwards.   Maybe next Feb we'll try it outdoors.  Of course, a dry run at Alfredo's may check that box.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 3:20 PM, Stacy12312 said:

On a side note - we are booked on the enchanted in September - are you considering a change of plans?  I have been looking forward to this cruise - I hope they get everything cleared up by then.  

Viruses die off when the number of daylight hours increase. UV light works wonders - it's why they use it to sterilize medical instruments. (Plus loads of other things.)

• Like 1

Thank you for the review and walk down memory lane. DW and I were with you on this voyage and had a great time as well.

Your review and photos was very enjoyable.

Enjoy Sky in April. We were on the Dec inaugural’s as well and can’t wait to get on again...watching for a good sell so hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1