Price drops due to Corona virus...

Emailed my agent in the states to see if my summer cruises have dropped, no chance!she says they are up by a good bit! She reckons the cruises that have been cancelled there are people wanting to book other cruises regions.

"Honestly I find it totally inappropriate to show off with price drops due to Corona Virus here. If you find one, take it quietly. However this should not be promoted on Cruisecritic as great deals... "

Edited 4 hours ago by Saab4444

I find this snarky.  There is no Coronavirus on our cruise which is 9 months from now. It's people's irrational fears of cruising and imaginary or exaggerated risk that has caused people to cancel.  Those who are not unduly affected can surely share in the cruise line's largesse without others maligning them.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Honestly I find it totally inappropriate to show off with price drops due to Corona Virus here. If you find one, take it quietly. However this should not be promoted on Cruisecritic as great deals...   

ok... cool.

But I don’t. If I can save money I want to know. If it’s a fear factor it doesn’t matter to me. In fact... why are even reading & posting on this thread if you find it inappropriate? LOL 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Travelgrrl said:

"Honestly I find it totally inappropriate to show off with price drops due to Corona Virus here. If you find one, take it quietly. However this should not be promoted on Cruisecritic as great deals... "

Edited 4 hours ago by Saab4444

I find this snarky.  There is no Coronavirus on our cruise which is 9 months from now. It's people's irrational fears of cruising and imaginary or exaggerated risk that has caused people to cancel.  Those who are not unduly affected can surely share in the cruise line's largesse without others maligning them.

Sharing great cruise deals and money saving tips are two big reasons many joined CC.  Why does anyone have to huh huh about it coronavirus or no coronavirus?

• Like 8

On 2/21/2020 at 1:52 PM, MadManOfBethesda said:

That price in the U.S. is now $159 for an OV cabin on that cruise. I was on the Feb. 27th NCL Jade cruise from Singapore to Dubai that was cancelled Wednesday afternoon, so I booked Jewel's March 2nd cruise as a partial substitute for $175.  On reflection, I probably should have booked both the March 2nd & 9th cruises as a B2B.

Is that the total price with tax etc, it’s actually gone up slightly here ( maybe because we are nearer) it’s £244 now for an outside 

Just checked on ours in August...Mediterranean cruise. Went down 300.00 along with a 50.00 obc. Can't say who we went thru, but of all our years of cruising, first time we used them. Great deal cuz you also get a nice gc from their box store to use it. Mine is about 175.00

Plus using their cc, you get 3% back...good deal!

24 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Price drops on balconies and below. We are in a JS. A friend of ours got a spacious balcony solo for $1100 and he is a gold. 

The deals on the Anthem TA started before CV broke on the news (or became newsworthy in a slow news/click-bait cycle).  

The only reason I didn't do a spacious balcony when I booked in mid-January is because they only had them on the port side.  I prefer starboard heading East.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twangster said:

The deals on the Anthem TA started before CV broke on the news (or became newsworthy in a slow news/click-bait cycle).  

The only reason I didn't do a spacious balcony when I booked in mid-January is because they only had them on the port side.  I prefer starboard heading East.

There has been nothing 'slow' about the US news cycle lately. I do think this thread may be a tad premature though. If the CV keeps spreading as it is, I do think the cruiselines will be forced to drop pricing to keep cabins filled.  When the 'scrare' reaches Europe I'll be on the sidelines waiting.  

15 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

Price drops on balconies and below. We are in a JS. A friend of ours got a spacious balcony solo for $1100 and he is a gold. 

If you do not care about JS and would like 2 balconies and bathrooms, did you try pricing solo in balconies for 150% supplement? It might be cheaper than 2 in a JS.

Checked again today for our cruise from Galveston the last weekend in May.  Jr Suite has gone down another $165.00.  Called my TA and he is off today.  Hope the price is still good tomorrow.  All other prices for the balcony and OV have gone up a little.

10 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

There has been nothing 'slow' about the US news cycle lately. I do think this thread may be a tad premature though. If the CV keeps spreading as it is, I do think the cruiselines will be forced to drop pricing to keep cabins filled.  When the 'scrare' reaches Europe I'll be on the sidelines waiting.  

It's on Italy now

I have a b2b cruise sailing from Barcelona this summer. I checked earlier in the week and noticed about a dozen Inside Cabins opened up around us on 1 of the cruises  but no savings on the prices.  Checked now and between the 2 cruises can save about $400 CAD and only 1 cabin left in our category on our floor so I assume people are booking them. I have been tracking prices for this cruise and this was the least expensive since mid Nov.  I never have received a Seniors Discount before but I was given that with todays price reductions. 

Like everyone, watching/reading the news concerning the virus and then deciding whether we go or not. 

On 2/20/2020 at 6:18 AM, vettecruiser1 said:

It was for a balcony the May 31 sailing.  First week of school letting out since I have a student and teacher wife, so I have to sail during peak pricing season.  But the price i'm paying now is about as cheap as I have ever paid for 3 in a balcony during summer season.  I can't wait until the day my wife is retired and we can cruise for the rates you got for you cruise.  We take 2 or 3 cruises a year and for those same prices we can take about 6-8 cruises a year once we can get out of peak seasons rates. 

Not to mention lower airfare and less crowded conditions at the ports  🙂

On 2/20/2020 at 6:13 PM, Justalone said:

New to cruising.
Who is Millie?  Is she a travel agent offering good discounts?

And TA is either Travel Agent, or TransAtlantic.  Gotta figure it out by context.