Embarkment

I don't care what anyone says because I love eating at the Windjammer for lunch when we embark. With all the cruisers boarding on the first day, I can feel the excitement in the air. 

Afterwards, if it's a ship I haven't been on, I tour the ship to get the general layout since so many people are usually eating. There will be a few closed places but not many. If it's a ship I've been on, I relax on deck and then watch the sail away.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

I don't care what anyone says because I love eating at the Windjammer for lunch when we embark. With all the cruisers boarding on the first day, I can feel the excitement in the air. 

Afterwards, if it's a ship I haven't been on, I tour the ship to get the general layout since so many people are usually eating. There will be a few closed places but not many. If it's a ship I've been on, I relax on deck and then watch the sail away.

Same here! I always eat at Windjammer/Buffet on embarkation day! When I sailed on Anthem we went to Cafe Two70 first and then ended up at the buffet because honestly, it's the buffet and you cannot beat it. 

Specialty dining at Chops and Jamie's are available. I booked Jamie' for embarkation day.  Very excited as when we last cruised in 2015 on Anthem this was not an option.  I hated the Windjammer on this ship. So crowded, so chaotic trying to find a seat once you collected food. I'm going to try avoiding it as much as possible during the peak hours of breakfast and lunch.  Perhaps it's different now but that's wishful thinking!  Solarium Bistro would be another better option that buffet.