San Juan

Maddycakes

June 14th we are booked on the FOS out of San Juan.  Our departure time is 8pm.  We are flying into San Juan early in the morning on the 14th.  My question is can we drop off our luggage at the port and enjoy San Juan prior to departure?  If no, any suggestions on how we can get a little sight seeing done and take care of our luggage. 

Just now, Maddycakes said:

June 14th we are booked on the FOS out of San Juan.  Our departure time is 8pm.  We are flying into San Juan early in the morning on the 14th.  My question is can we drop off our luggage at the port and enjoy San Juan prior to departure?  If no, any suggestions on how we can get a little sight seeing done and take care of our luggage. 

Yes. Drop luggage at pier.  I'd checkin and get rid of the rest of your stuff and then head into old San juan.  Or go directly to Barrachina's in old San Juan.   Wander around and then head to ship.  Depends on how early you arrive. 

You are going to get lots of comments that say you need to arrive at least a day early. [I agree] However, you did not ask about that. 

Yes, you can drop off your luggage.  When we left from San Juan [also at 8pm] they began taking luggage around 10:30. We were not able to get on the ship until after noon.  The terminal is small.  The dock is not in old town San Juan.  You will need to take a taxi from the airport to the dock, drop off luggage and then taxi into old town or elsewhere.  You can also drop luggage at the Barrachina restaurant as mentioned above.  This restaurant says it is where the pina colada was invented. [not a frozen drink] We always stop there to drink one when we are in San Juan. This would save you from stopping at the dock.  

edit: I agree that checking in before you tour around is best.  That way when you get back to the dock you just need to board.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The restauant at Barrachina does not open until 11 AM. I don't think you could drop off luggage before that time.

We've dropped off luggage way before 11, maybe as early as 9.  Off the ship, taxi directly there.

Uber is now available from the Luis Munoz International Airport.  There are "Rideshare" signs on the wall at the baggage claim area.  (We followed the arrows)  There are designated pick up areas for Uber/Lyft outside each terminal. There was an airport employee assisting passengers who wanted to use Uber...this was nice.

We also used Uber to and from the Pan American Pier.  There is currently no designated area for pick up and drop off at the Pan American Pier...drivers use the parking lot directly across the street from the cruise terminal.  It's a short walk.

Our cost of Uber from the Pan American Pier to Old San Juan: $5 each way.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 7:52 AM, Maddycakes said:

DROP LUGGAGE AT THE PIER AND TAKE CAB TO OLD SAN JUAN FOR FUN DAY

• Like 1