Airport Hotel Shuttle

agnesd

Staying overnight before a cruise at Cambria Airport Blue Lagoon. They advertise free shuttle from the airport but they charge $5 per “package”. This would be $20 for the 2 of us. Not really free. Does anyone know if a taxi would be less. Or an Uber?  Just annoys me to use the so called free shuttle. 

On 2/19/2020 at 4:43 PM, agnesd said:

Staying overnight before a cruise at Cambria Airport Blue Lagoon. They advertise free shuttle from the airport but they charge $5 per “package”. This would be $20 for the 2 of us. Not really free. Does anyone know if a taxi would be less. Or an Uber?  Just annoys me to use the so called free shuttle. 

I don't think that the $5 per package received is for luggage. My take on it is that if you have a package sent to the hotel.

From their website:

Hotel Alerts

Our Airport Shuttle provides transportation from Miami International Airport (MIA) to the hotel and other locations in the area. When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go to the pick up/drop off area located on the lower level (arrivals). Contact (305) 261-9899 and let one of our customer service representatives know you have arrived and in need of a pickup. The airport administration prohibits shuttles to wait in any areas for passengers, except when loading or unloading. Shuttle is available 24/7 every 30 minutes upon request.There is a 5.00 USD fee per package received at the hotel. Hotel will not accept Credit Card Auth forms for guest checking in without a Credit Card. Dinner Service Hours is 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. daily.

On 2/19/2020 at 3:43 PM, agnesd said:

Suggest you call the hotel to clarify the package fee.  Usually the best information is received directly from the horse's mouth.